Rochioli SVD Pinot Noir Mailer

Happiness is seeing this in my inbox. West Block, Three Corner, Little Hill, River Block and Sweetwater. Ranging in price from $72-$100 per bottle.

Tom
Twitter: @NWTomLee
www.zinfandelchronicles.com

+1, I left 2 on the table. Joe

The West Block is one of those rarities - “Old Vine” Pinot Noir (42 year old vines).

What vintage of pinot are they releasing in this mailer?

All in for a mixed case. This is the first year I was offered a decent amount of SVD wines. Maybe the crappy economy is worth something.

I love seeing this email; my wallet does not. Left the Sweetwater on the table, as it sounds like the one that would appeal the least to me.

Just got an offer today. I’ve only had the West Block and its been quite a while. Hard for me to pull the trigger on this one as its been so long since I’ve had one and I just don’t know if they are in my wheelhouse (Anthill Farm, Rhys, etc.). And, for that price I’m hesitant to experiment.

I still get mailers, but have not purchased in a while. 2005 West Block is one of my all-time favorite wines.

Only taking 1/2 of my offered case so if somebody wants in just let me know.

I believe that after the 2010 vintage the West block was ripped out. Last chance to get the real deal.

Where did you hear this? They make no mention of this in the email…

Yikes! Are you sure?

Even back in 1997, Ed Selyem noted that the West Block was riddled with phylloxera and it was only a matter of time before it had to be pulled and replanted. Production has steadily declined, but 15 years is longer than I would have thought those vines would have lasted given their supposed condition.

For those of you waiting before you make your purchase…it appears the River Block is the first of the wines to sell out on this offer.

Tom
www.zinfandelchronicles.com
Twitter: @NWTomLee

Wasn’t River Block the 1st to go last year too?

Did you not order yet, Tom? How do you know the River Block is gone?

Brian, just log back in and you can see River Block with a line through it and says SOLD OUT.

Missed out on river block. Took the other ten offered. That went fast!

Ah, cool. I simply placed my order as soon as the email hit, and ran like hell without ever looking back!