Kansas City

I’m new in town (At Fort Leavenworth for a year of school) and need a crew to pull some corks with.

I’m fairly light on wines at the moment but have a few gems stashed away.

I’d also be grateful for recommendations on a few local wine shops and restaurants.

Gomers - Jim Coley

3828 Broadway

816-931-4170

On it.

Thanks Dave!

IIRC, Frank Smith is up there. I sold him some KB Pinots back in the eBob days.

Jim Coley is the guy to talk to [berserker.gif]

I met Jim yesterday at Gomers new location in Midtown. I have a feeling a lot of my cash will be spent there in the next few months.

Nice to meet you yesterday, Phil. We’ll get some dinners going soon, and not just BBQ!

Hey Phil, I was jumping on here to recommend you visit Jim as well, but I see that’s taken care of already. I am in KC as well, hope to meet up sometime.

No brainer, there. See JimColey (as I will in a week). He’s the best.
I really like the Tannin Wine Bar there in downtown KCMo. Very good food…and quite a good
wine list.
Tom

Heading to KC this week, any dining rec. in the country club plaza area?

Forgot to mention the CellarRat shop in the CrossRoads district just South of downtown KCMo.
RyanSciara is very/very good as well. On Baltimore just a few blocks from KauffmanCentre
for PerformingArts.
Tom

I’m only familiar with the area around 12th St. and Vine. They have some crazy lil’ women there.

Popeye’s and Pinot?

newhere

Starkers for upscale and a huge wine list although they allow BYOB with corkage now. Jack Stack for barbecue if you want to stay in the plaza area although I would go to Oklahoma Joe’s for barbeque.

Phil – If you ever wonder over to the St. Louis area, let me know. I’ll break out the extra-shitty stuff and try my Bob Wood impression on you. [snort.gif]

What are your favorite bbq restaurants thus far, Phil?

I freakin’ love bbq - that’s an enviable place to be stationed when compared to your last two assignments.

Go to Oklahoma Joe’s if you want BBQ. Well worth the five minute drive, IMO. But try to go at an off time, the line is insane.

Jim Coley is the best at Gomer’s. Also, check out Ryan Sciara at Cellar Rat on Baltimore.
Can’t beat the Carolina Sandwich at Oklahoma Joe’s, although this place is obviously not a secret any more. Long lines at peak times.

That’s funny.

Great old school reference Mr. Fleming. I just spoke with Dain a few days ago. Sadly (well, sort of), the Popeye’s next door has long since passed into memory.