TN: 2011 Ameztoi Getariako Txakolina Rubentis (Spain, País Vasco, Getariako Txakolina)

• 2011 Ameztoi Getariako Txakolina Rubentis - Spain, País Vasco, Getariako Txakolina (7/17/2012)
    bright and crisp with a nice spritz. Excellent clarity and cleanness with fresh strawberry and bright acidity. My first bottle of this style of wine, and it will not be my last. A situationally perfect wine for a 100 degree day. Well done. 90pts (90 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Todd, did you procure this wine in AZ? I would love to find more Txakolis available in the summer.

This producer is getting a lot of buzz this summer.
Did these wines just recently become available in the US?

Exactly. [cheers.gif]

They’ve been available for years. Andre Tamers of De Maison selections. They’re just now arriving at entrenched geek fame status. Seek out the Clos Cibonne rose, also from Tamers. Deeelicious.

Sucked through the 6 pack that I purchased in June already!

Usually VERY limited.

I liked the lean quality this had this year, but found the underlying briny, salty quality too strong and hard to pair with BBQ. Ordinarily, a staple of my house. My wife is also a huge fan normally, and found similar issues to me this year.

That’s funny, Ian. I always have found this wine to lean and briny/salty. That’s what i’ve always loved about it…for pairing, i’m not so sure, grilled shellfish/fish, substantial salads.