What`s the best Champagne rose under $100?

Im always on the lookout for a house rose bubbly and trust this board to lead me into new directions although Ive explored a few.

My fav so far is the NV Ruinart rose, although NV Bollinger, NV Billecart, NV Godme, NV Charles Heidsieck, NV Philipponnat and 05 Lenoble have been good over the past year. Brad Baker speaks highly of the 02 Philipponnat 1532 rose, but I have not found it anywhere in the States.

If you have a rec and know where it can be purchased, I`d appreciate that too.

Thanks for your help.

Paul Bara Grand Cru Ă  Bouzy

Veuve Fourny Rose
Aubry Rose
Rene Geoffrey Rose

Which Aubry, they make at least two different cuvées…

I would absolutely agree with this one and would also recommend Pol Roger’s vintage rose.

Blake,

Don’t drink much Rose Bubbly, but can highly recommend the Vilmart Brut NV Cuvee Rubis Rose.

Makes up in elegance, breed, refinement, & sheer class what it lacks in intensity.

[cheers.gif]

The 2002 Pol Roger is STUNNING !!

Not exactly what you asked, but…

NV Lucien Albrecht Cremant d’Alsace Brut Rosé. 100% Pinot Noir. Under $20.

That is my price range…thanks!

Sent from mobile

Delicious, too.

I think the Total wine by me has it, i will check on Monday. We drink a bottle of bubbles every Friday night, and most are in the $15-30 range, so I appreciate good suggestions.

Laureate Freres Saignee has to be my top pick

NV Camille Saves Brut Rose

Henri Billiot Rose for me.

Roberto, great rec. Your store does not have it. I did find and order some from the WC.

Brian, your rec is pretty convincing. I`m in the hunt for it.

Adam- I`ve had the Geoffroy and liked it and still open to others suggestions including yours.

Jud, I`m also in the hunt for the PR.

Robert- appears to be an interesting option; I`ll give it a go too.

Mike- this is another I`ve had over the years, forgot to list it. Always liked it.

Jim- another winner I`ve had and need to revisit.

Jon- a new one for me; I`ll seek it out.

Many thanks to all and to the others who post hereafter.

Maillart makes a very nice rose.

Under $100: Tarlant Brut Zero Rose. Goes under the radar all the time, but I love it. Lively and a lacey texture. One of a very few non-dosage Roses out there. Predominantly Chardonnay with some PN blended in.

Under $50: Paul Bara Rose - all around great and excellent value.

Under $15: Pere Ventura Cava - made of 100% trepat. Lots of wild strawberry and delicious.

Yeah this is our house Rose Chamapgne…lovely stuff.