TN: 2006 Trespass Merlot Estate Grown (USA, California, Napa Valley, St. Helena)

• 2006 Trespass Merlot Estate Grown - USA, California, Napa Valley, St. Helena (7/7/2009)
    Took a bottle to dinner with friends in New Orleans. This is an outstanding wine. It really hit it’s stride after being open 90 minutes. This is a big merlot that rolls across the palate with flavors of chocolate, black cherry and a bit of coffee. The tannins provide nice balance and weight but are silky smooth. This really reminds me of the 06 Paloma. Terrific wine. No rush if you have them. Seek them out if you don’t. (93 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

My Trespass brother! Thanks for the note. I’m never sure why Donny doesn’t get more love and attention for his wines. Fantastic stuff that always delivers – especially with a year or two in the bottle. The 04’s are in such a terrific place right now and assuming the barrel sample I had last time I was up there was representative – the 07’s are going to really something to look out for.

the 06 merlot is stunning for the style. He opened it last time i visited and I loved it. I also love his cab franc!

William- Yep. Great folks and great wine. A tasting in the vineyard is something not to be missed. I need to open an 06 Franc to check in on them. I think the 06 Merlot is sold out. I think he really has some home runs with the 07’s but I think the 05 Cab and all the 06’s are really very good. One of the few merlot’s I buy and the only Cab Franc.