Rhys Fall 2012 Offering

Just landed in the inbox:

Releases August 28th
The 2012 Fall Release will include:

2010 Rhys San Mateo County Pinot Noir ($45)
2009 Rhys Horseshoe Vineyard Pinot Noir ($69)
2009 Rhys Horseshoe Vineyard Chardonnay ($69)
2009 Rhys Horseshoe Vineyard Syrah ($59)
2010 Rhys San Mateo County Pinot Noir Magnum ($109)
2009 Rhys Horseshoe Vineyard Pinot Noir Magnum ($159)

“Happy days are here again, the skies above are clear again…”

I wonder what the odds are that I can make this my last purchase of the year? I guess its healthy to have dreams.

This, and the next Envoyer offer!

So ye have little faith in me?

Hahaha, I’m with you Russ. Ceritas next week, Rhys the 28th, then whenever the Fall Copain release is and I’m done… really.

Should anybody wind-up with an bottle or two of Skyline Pinot they don’t want, please let me know.
Best, Jim

No Skyline in this release Jim.

Same with me, I’m going to slam hard on the brakes after Carlisle & Bedrock. I’m thinking Tablas Creek, Rhys, Copain, that’s it, then…
Ceritas hits pileon (of which the Escarpa was probably Lori’s #1 favorite Pinot last year)

…but that’s really it for me except probably one more Bedrock release by the end of the year.

At least this is on the next CC cycle. I’m also waiting for Anthill but have no idea when that might hit.

I have been in a 100% no buy mode since March 8 when I scored a crapload of closeouts. Although I was tempted by a couple of offers I was able to resist temptation.

Dehlinger and Rhys are my only consessions to deepening the cellar for the rest of the year.

I am tapped out after some Saxum and Marcassin. Now, I have to spread the funds between Bedrock, Dehlinger and Rhys. I think August is a dangerous month for credit card

I have been looking forward to this.

Whereas I’ve been dreading it. If it didn’t have one of my 2 favorite Rhys vineyards I’d be tempted to skip.

Edited to add: Hmm, no email and no allocation when I log in. Maybe the gods of wine buying restraint intervened on my behalf :slight_smile:

whimper

My interest will largely be the Horseshoe PN.

Jay - the offer does not go live until August 28.

Looking fwd to this one. Last offer was bad timing for the wallet.

And I just checked my settings and saw that I didn’t have any email notifications checked off. Drat, looks like I’ll be buying some after all.

I am not exactly objective, but I really love the '09 Horseshoe Syrah in this release. It is extremely peppery and elegant stuff made with 100% Whole Cluster, 0% new oak and malo in tank. It is a super pure expression of a unique site that is almost too cool for Syrah ( we harvest it in November 40% of the time).