Zalto Glasses: Does Anyone Sell Individual Glasses????

Still mourning the loss of my Zalto white wine glass…
Does any retailer in the US sell Zalto glasses individually rather than as a set.

I managed to break one recently…washed it like a moron and got what I deserved!

Crush in NY sells individual glasses but I don’t know if they ship.

I need to replace some breakage myself sometime soon.

Tribeca Wine Merchants sells Zaltos (individually) as well and they ship…

Thanks, I didn’t know that! They’re a lot more convenient for me than Crush.

You can buy individual glasses at the PlumpJack wine shop in San Francisco. They are located on Fillmore Street.

There are two styles correct ? The Aldo Sohm and Dank.Art. Has anyone compared them ?

I only thought there was one style of each type (ie universal, red burgundy, red bordeaux, etc). I know they say Aldo Sohm did a collaboration with them, but was it really a new glass type?

Tribeca has a better price than winemonger.com, but I didn’t inquire about shipping cost

I have 8 Zalto Bordeaux glasses arriving tomorrow. Am very interested to try them!

Roy, where did you get yours from?

Winemonger.

They are the best…too bad they are so expensive in the US. Wish they had more distribution/competition. They could sell a lot if that were the case.

Zaltos arrived today, from Winemonger. Packaging could survive a drop from a plane. All this for 8 glasses.

Each glass in its own box.

First time I’ve held one. Yikes!! These are the thinnest glasses I’ve ever held. Not sure how to wash these and damn sure afraid to dry them or polish them. Make the Riedel Som glasses seem like they are made from titanium. If these last 10 dryings I will be astonished. The super thin-ness is making me a bit hesitant on my $500+ purchase. Now that I have them, not sure what to do with them! [scratch.gif]

WineMonger is the king of safe packing

Roy,

Toss them in the dish washer. They are much more durable that the Somm series. I dropped one on our granite countertop, saw it go in slow motion, and it bounced. That said, I skipped putting it in the dishwasher one night, did it by hand, put a ton of torque on the bowl and popped it off like a total idiot.
Love these glasses. Wish I had gone whole hog when KL was blowing them out.

Mike, good to know. They sure FEEL fragile! Glad they might be a little tougher than they look.

That’s one ugly glass. Sorry. flirtysmile

I have less breakage when washing Zaltos than any other glass I’ve owned. They may look like they’re spun from moonbeams and a summer breeze but they are sturdier than any Riedel with the exception of their restaurant series.

Just as a note, I have tried so many baroli from the Zalto burgundy glass and it always muted the aromas and flavors to such an extent that I gave it away.