Sojourn Fall Release

Not sure how many Sojourn fans here at the WB. Lots of well deserved press for the Sojourn folks these days. The fall release email comes out next Tuesday 7/14.

I’ve been trying to take a break from buying but will be long on this one. Really looking forward to getting the Demuth.

2007 Sojourn Cellars Demuth Vineyard, Anderson Valley Pinot noir
2007 Sojourn Cellars Alder Springs Vineyard, Mendocino County Pinot noir
2006 Sojourn Cellars Sonoma Valley Cabernet Sauvignon
2006 Sojourn Cellars Mountain Terraces Vineyard, Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon

Free shipping with the purchase of 4 or more bottles

Got my postcard yesterday as well. I’ve been looking forward to this one!!!

I’d planned on ordering at least a 6 pack of the Demuth, but with Carlisle coming out on the 16th, there is just not enough wine budget left.

Murray- have you tasted the Demuth ? I think it may be the best 07 they made.

i tasted thru their wines last week and really enjoyed both Anderson Valley PNs as well as a 08 barrel sample i had from Sonoma Co. Erich, Craig and Randy were all very cool and are clearly doing things right.

I am looking forward to the Anderson Valley PN’s as well. Any views on the cabs? Thanks in advance,

did they just change their shipping policy? I thought it was always free shipping included.

No, I’m actually having my first Sojourn (2007 SC) tonight with dinner (an a 1/2 cup in dinner). But everyone keeps raving about the Demuth. I like to marinade my steaks with a little bit of the wine I intend to drink with it. Makes for a perfect combination in my opinion.

Reserve Cab is very good and ranks with Sonoma’s best IMO.

WOW for the 2007 SC! Lots of strawberry and red berries on the nose with a nice balanced palate. Nice fruit, hints of baking spices and a perfect amount of acidity.

And those who have tasted the Demuth say it is better? Tough decision this coming week with Sojourn and Carlisle.

I couldn’t spend much time pondering their pinots at PinotDays SF since their table was mobbed five-deep, but I do remember enjoying their Sangiacomo Vineyard bottle the most.

Murray- We tasted in November last year. At that time I had the wines as

Demuth- outstanding
Gaps Crown- excellent
Sangiacomo- excellent
Windsor and SC- very good and the most drinkable at that time.

I had a Gaps Crown a few weeks ago after WS gave it 95 pts. My first bottle of any of the 07’s since our visit. It was even better having developed since our tasting. I bought a few more right away.

What I noticed on all the wines was great balance and just smooth as silk. Back in November the Demuth had some serious weight and structure and I thought had great potential to develop. At the time of the tasting Craig H agreed. A fair amount of folks on Ebob have tasted the 07’s and the Demuth has a lot of fans.

Are you in Orlando ? Be happy to help with the Carlisle allocation [dance-clap.gif]. I’m over in Tampa.

The Demuth was one of my favorites from the Falltacular last year…

Thanks Glenn

no pinot allocation after buying for the last two mailers? pass

Yup, no Pinot allocation. Bummer. C’est la vie.

The 2007 Sonoma Coast and Sangiacomo were/are delicious. Had an SC recently and while it was a bit cloudy and shy at first, it really opens up into quite a nice wine. Decant that one.
Sangiacomo has a very nice depth to it. Tasty juice.
Interested to try the Anderson/Mendocino Pinot offerings.

As for the cabs - I thought the 05’s were too green. The bell pepper/mint element was dominant and I did not care for it. I added an 06 cab to the order to check in on that vintage.

got allocated 2 demuth and 2 alder springs pinots plus 6 each of the cabs. the demuth is one of my favorite pinots for 2007 that i have tasted so far, looking forward to trying these soon.

joel

The allocations are really light. Looks like 150 and 170 cases for each pinot. I have a feeling though some will be around.

Damn, Moderne.
I am a big Sojourn fan, and have to agree with you across the board. [welldone.gif]