A great newish store in NYC - Flatiron Wines and Spirits

Haven’t seen anything posted yet on this store - I think it opened about 4 months ago. They have a remarkable selection of slightly-off-the-beaten-path wines. Tons of northern rhone reds and whites, cahors, bandols, Beaujolais, riesling, interesting California stuff (clos saron, lioco, old Williams selyem, corison, etc), non-B nebbiolos (gattinara, ghemme, carema, etc ) Lots of cool stuff that won’t break the bank. Also a bunch of under 20 wines from the languedoc and other up and coming regions. They also seem to have a good amount of burgundy, but that is not something I can judge. I think they do tastings every Friday Saturday and Sunday. Prices are just ok, though given they carry many bottles I’ve never seen elsewhere, it’s hard to complain. They are on broadway and 22nd. Worth checking out. I am not at all involved with them, just a customer and a fan.

OK. They’re decent folks too. And wine lovers. That’s how I met them the first time. It’s a welcome addition.

Run by the same folks that own UVA wines in Brooklyn. Manhattan ushers in another great wine shop!