Has anyone tasted the 07 Williams Selyem Pinots?

I’m trying to figure out what to buy and need a little guidance.

I’m not sure they’re even in the bottle yet, if so just barely! Release won’t be until at least March or April. [blink.gif]

David; I have already sent in my order. What were you offered and I will try to help you.

Cheers!
Marshall

I just got one Central Coast, one Sonoma County, 2 SC and 2 RRV. I think it’ll be a good way to find out what I like from WS.

David; That is a relatively small allocation and you should probably take the 6 to give you feel for the WS style.
If you are looking to cut a bit…I am not a fan of their Central Coast cuvees. Williams-Selyem shines in the RRV and Sonoma
areas.
Hopefully, you will receive a small allocation for their vineyard designates in the fall.

Cheers!
Marshall [cheers.gif]

I am still on the fence with this mailer. I have a 21 bottle allocation this time. This is only my third mailer but I have ordered everything I have been offered in the past b/c I had people sharing my allocation with friends. Well those friends have all passed on this one (among many others as well) and I find myself trying to decide what I should buy here. I’d hate to pass on this one given what I’ve heard about the 2007 pinot vintage.

My main questions:

I’ve never had the least expensive of the pinots - the Sonoma County ($34) or the Central Coast. How do these compare to the Sonoma Coast and RRV?

Is the Westside Road Neighbors worth the premium over the RRV and SC ($67 vs. $46/$42)?

Any help here would be greatly appreciated and hopefully save me some money!

I’ve had various years of the Sonoma County and Central Coast, and actually, I have preferred them over the Sonoma Coast PN’s - I have not had an RRV from Williams Selyem. I think Central Coast in particular flies under the radar, and with age, it is really wonderful.