2005 Williams-Selyem "Westside Road Neighbors" PN

2005 Williams-Selyem “Westside Road Neighbors” PN - 14.3% alcohol
W-S certainly had their share of hits from this fine vintage. This is one of them.
Medium red with amber edge.
Fabulous nose of spice, violets and sandlewood with a touch 'o funk.
Tastes like a perfectly ripened McIntosh Apple with a long dry finish.
A light-medium bodied gem in great balance.
This is at it’s initial drinking window right now but still has the stuffing to improve for a few more years.
If you have a few, there’s no reason not to pound one now! [93 pts]

TTT

1 Like

Given another almost nine years this wine matured in my cellar in a lot of special ways. Any funk is long gone, the color as close to God’s Pinot as imaginable, purely plum & forest with subtle spice and a glorious finish.

Best PN so far this year. I have hopes a 1997 Precious Mountain will show as well.
F3948A76-C923-4977-A5C4-D40ABEA5A03B.jpeg

3 Likes

thanks for the update Glenn! I’m fortunate to have several tucked away, looks like it’s about time!

You are lucky indeed!

I actually just had the 2018 of this Pinot and it was exceptionally aromatic with wild red fruits, a hint of blackberry, violet, licorice, and piney woods. Brighter acid profile than most of the WS pinots i’ve experienced, which is a good thing for me. I thought it was excellent and that it had a lot going on. One of the better and most balanced Russian River pinots I’ve had in a years.

1 Like

We drank ours a few years ago but still have one 2004 Westside Road Neighbors. 2005 was a fantastic pinot vintage in Sonoma and we went long on WS, Rochioli, Siduri, Dehlinger, Freeman, August West and Kosta Browne.