Primer for Thanksgiving: 2011 Clos de la Roilette Cuvee Tardive

Fall is in the air, Thanksgiving right around the corner, and I’m fired up to keep trying the 2011 Bojo releases. Popped the Roilette last night, but must admit, it was tight, not showing its goods. Tonight as I fire up the grill with some chops, this Bojo is starting to open up more.

Probably one of the tighter, linear Bojos I have had from the 2011 vintage, but it has some serious layers that will flesh out more with a few years. Minerality, stones and smoke on the nose. Darker fruits and crunch, tea leaves, chewy meat on the body. Tannins clamp down on the finish, almost too drying.

This is nice juice. Glad to have more, but I’m sitting them way in the back of the Bojo section of my storage. The '09 was far more expressive, accessible at this stage. Have not tried the '10 yet, but have a special bottling of the Griffe du Marque cuvee lined up for next week.

Cheers all.

RA

Forgot about a little left in the bottle, and night 3, this baby is singing. Brighter, crisper, tannins a bit creamier. Just lovely stuff. Holding it’s own with an '09 Ch. Lanessan.

Thanks for the PSA. I was thinking of making this our Thanksgiving wine this year, maybe I’ll go for some Vissoux instead.

Thanks for the note. Like Keith, I was thinking of opening one next week, but may hold off.

I popped one last night at PDH. A big old wall of acid and tannin. Hold Em if you got Em.