TN: 2006 Trespass Cabernet Franc Estate Grown (USA, California, Napa Valley, St. Helena)

• 2006 Trespass Cabernet Franc Estate Grown - USA, California, Napa Valley, St. Helena (7/18/2009)
    My first 06. This is drinking well right now with about 45-60 minutes of air. Opened and left in the cellar before tasting. Red fruit, spice and a little bit of brown sugar. The wine is framed with nice acidity and is really well balanced. The fruit is front and center but not in anyway too hot or jammy. This is really one of my favorite wines to drink.

Reminds me of the 03 with a little more fruit. Very nice. (92 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Thanks, Fred. I’ve liked the few St. Helena area Cab Francs I’ve had because of their uniqueness. Not as vegetal as a traditional Cab Franc (which I also love).

Thanks for the note! I enjoyed this greatly when I had it with Don last August, I only have one bottle, sounds like i should give it a little bit more time. Love his cab franc, and Don is a great guy, I could have talked with Don for hours about sports and life if my girlfriend wasn’t shooting me daggers in 101F weather.

Dunno if you have time Todd, but you should try and visit Don… he’s right off highway 29

Todd- no green in the Trespass franc. Just a really good wine.

Charlie- I would give this another year if you’ve got 1. I think your going up in August ? Make sure to taste the 07.

Thanks for the note. Sounds interesting and tasty, but…

I think I would miss it if there wasn’t at least some green in my CF.

Checked out their site and see the wine was made by Kirk Venge. Very cool.

Jason