TN: Nuits-Saint-Georges Les Vaucrains 2007 Chevillon

We drank this wine over two days and it showed best at the end of the 2nd day. A bit tight and closed on the palate this was showing tart acidity, a tannic structure and only a bit of fruit on the first day. On the 2nd day it opened up.

Medium to dark red/purple in color, the nose was dark berry fruit, earth and a touch of soft oak. On the palate there was sweet dark berry fruit, a trace of minerality and a bit of oak and spice. The finish was long and smooth with some soft tannins noticeable at the end.

This is an 07 in need of some age. I would think in 5 to 7 years would be a good time to revisit this wine.

Daniel,

Thanks for the note. Chevillon did great in 2007. Still remember the 07 Les Cailles sampled young - just delicious. All of their 1ers from the vintage will age well.

Cheers,
Doug

Yup, Chevillon 2007 is closed up right now, had a Cailles a few months ago. In fact, as I’ve said already, quality 2007s in general are closed up now. Early-drinking does not mean always-drinking.

Crap, I was going to ask when I should open my lone '07 Cailles, but CT says I drank it in April! :frowning:
The good news is my note says it was really good and more open than expected.