2012 Rhys Horseshoe Vineyard Bubbly

According to Kevin’s latest tweet. Hope this finds its way into a future offer.

Cool. They certainly have the CAVE to make it in!

I drink water from Horseshoe vineyard, its that good. Bubbly would be fun too.

We have wanted to try this for years but didn’t have the right raw material in the right quantity until 2012. It is just an experiment and not something that we know will succeed but it is a lot of fun. Of course we won’t offer the wine to customers unless we are really happy with the results.

The 2004 Alesia’s had so much spritz that it can be considered a bubbly! haha jk jk. I still have one more 04 Kanzler I need to open soon.

How long do you plan to keep it on the lees?

Wow! Super excited about this!

Pretty neat Kevin.

All chardonnay? Some Pinot? What fun you’ll have with the winemaking and dosage!

After a year, we plan to sample a bottle each month. We will disgorge when we like the way it tastes. We are aiming for a more precise flavor profile that is not too toasty/leesy.

Thanks Al. This trial is all Chardonnay but if we like the results we will definitely look at Pinot in the future.
We don’t expect to do much dosage, maybe 2-5g/L, so it will be pretty dry.

Very nice, Kevin. Fingers crossed.

i love me some bubbles. great news!

How is this project going?

Mel,
It is going great so far, just 3-5 more years to go!!
The bottles have finished the second fermentation (the one that produces bubbles) and we can now sample the sparkling wine (it tastes great!). Now the bottles will need several years of aging to get the complexity that comes from long autolysis on the lees.
We like the results so much that we are making sparkling Horseshoe again in 2013.

Awesome!

Excellent, I’d like to place my futures order now in .375, .500, .750, 1.5, and 3 liters formats. Thanks.