2007 Arcadian "Sleepy Hollow" PN

2007 Arcadian “Sleepy Hollow” PN
Beautiful, bright, ruby red color.
Fabulous nose of roses, pencil lead and red fruits.
Young, firm, spicy cranberry/sour plum fruit with a long, dry cherry pit aftertaste.
A typical Joe Davis rendition of this fine vineyard and, as usual, quite fine. flirtysmile
Will definitely develop and improve over time. My QPR of this young year at under $30 delivered!
For now: 92 pts

TTT

My six arrive tomorrow. I agree, a great buy! Thanks for the TN

nice note, my case should be arriving today.

I purchased mine back in 5/10 when Joe was blowing out the unreleased '07s to the GCS. Not quite as good a deal as you guys received recently, but I’m looking forward to opening my first one in the next year or so.

Not sure exactly what the justification behind the low price on this one has been, but I’m not complaining. Perhaps Joe sees it as an early drinker, cause it’s one of the nicest drinking young Arcadian pinots I’ve ever had. Tasty stuff.

I don’t think Joe sees this as an early drinker.
I certainly don’t…

TTT

Does anyone know if this incorporates the wine that previously went into the “young vines” bottling?

I think the “young vines” bottlings were all Chardonnay and haven’t been made for some time now.

From reading Joe’s description of his section of Sleepy Hollow, he has some of the older vines (And primo location)…

TTT

He does. But I believe he planted some additional vines between the existing rows, and these are or were bottled separately under a “young vines” label.

x2 for me. Have not dipped in to many of the 2007’s I got on the unreleased sale.
I can say that most of the 2005’s we have had are really drinking great right now.

The 2005’s are getting close and should hit my sweet spot from '13 thru '16.

This is nice juice-good now but will improve. I’m happy.

Haven’t touched any of mine yet, so I appreciate the note.

I’ve tried it twice now and at $25 it’s an unbelievable wine. Would also concur that it needs some bottle time (>2 years) or a serious decanting to smooth out.

This is all old vines no young vines went into this. The young vines stuff goes into either the Santa Lucia Highlands blend or in to a private label for a restaurant.