TN: 2010 Faiveley Mercurey 'Clos Du Roy' 1er

Well this is just super, dripping with red and black fruits, Volnayesque violets and a pinch of (oak derived?) ginger. I am astounded at the spherical tannins and sheer drinkability. It is just so bright and slippery.
Can this really be a Faiveley?

Kent,
I thought this and the Myglands were both drinking really well. If you haven’t tried it try to seek the Myglands out as well.

Kent,
Have you been sleeping the last 4 years ? :slight_smile:
Faiveley is nothing but elegance and charm nowadays.

Hans,
Yes I have been remiss in renewing my acquaintancewith Faiveley. It is nice to be back!

Mark,
The last Myglands I had was the 98 - that was a very structured wine…to say the least!
Will do!

Thanks for posting this note. I was thinking about trying to acquire some of this wine (not available locally, but I can find it among certain internet retailers). Now I’ll pursue purchase.

Sounds very good Kent.

I had an '06 Faiveley Mercurey la framboiserie the other day that was very well and should really charm with a couple more years. These are definite “buys” if I find them for the right price.

Sounds great.

That’s exactly what bothers me, Hans, you put it very well!

Yes, I was wondering why you waited so long for your bothering. Your 25 year cellaring procedure ( if enough ) is over. Lovers of iron taste and wood tannin have to look somewhere else.

Each to his own, Hans, though I’m sorry you regard my comment as bothering. Interestingly the very, very many bottles of Faiveley Mercurey were always swiftly consumed in French restaurants, where adult palates still sometimes enjoy wines with structure.

Sorry Tom, but you are one of few who want wines who takes 25 years to come around. I am, like the most of us, not immortal and no way I would buy a 25 year wine. When I am 6 feet under it does not matter if the wine has soften up.

I loved the old Faiveley - 80 Tastevin NSG was one of the greatest wines I have ever tasted, also memorable 47 Moose, but I am looking forward to further acquainting myself with the new regime, as I am becoming less patient.