10 Saxum Bone Rock oops!!!

We are sending this email with a heavy heart. Due to a significant miscalculation on my part, we over-sold our 2010 Bone Rock during the last release. After searching high and low for any reserves of wines in our library, we came up empty handed. Though this is the last thing on earth we would want to do, our only option is to remove one bottle of 2010 Bone Rock from the order you placed last month. Instead of the three bottles you purchased we will be shipping only two of them.

We would like to give you two options for resolution. (1) You can opt to receive a pre-released bottle of our 2011 Bone Rock next Fall by responding to this email (release to other customers will be in early 2014). Or, (2) If we don’t hear from you, we will issue a refund for $89 (plus tax if applicable). Your future allocation will not be affected by any of this.

In an effort to atone for our mistake in some form, the best we can do is promise you something for the future. Justin only made 125 cases of the 2011 Terry Hoage Vineyard. Therefore, the allocation list for this wine is incredibly small and we will offer it solely to those of you who are affected by our shortcoming.

Please know that we are incredibly sorry for inconveniencing and disappointing you. We take customer service personally over here and appreciate each and every one of you.

I’m taking the '11 Bone Rock offer and look forward to being on the short list for the Terry Hoage. I’m sure this was a tough letter to compose–Saxum is top notch when it comes to customer service.

Mistakes happen…seems like a nice response.

Me three. Taking the 2011 as well.

exactly. fair to everyone, as opposed to pulling all BR from a lot of people

Did not receive this, perhaps it has not hit my inbox or maybe it is only for those that have been on the list for a while

Told Sierra to do whatever is easier. No biggie, though the 07 Bone Rock we had recently was stupendous.

No email to me. Guess since I am so new to the list that I only got 1 Bone Rock offered to me, they didn’t want to leave me without any. At least I HOPE that’s the explanation.

Stuff happens. It seems they are out front on this and handling it.

+1 Well said!

That was my bottle that they mistakenly offered to you. I will PM you my shipping address.

[snort.gif] pepsi [drinkers.gif] [highfive.gif] [berserker.gif]

The true sign of class is how you handle a mistake, we all make them. Justin & the Saxum family are a class act. Poopie happens…

+1 It is not the mistake, but how it is handled.

Exactly what I said to them in response, but I did not clean it up for public consumption. I actually appreciate the fact that they took from those on the list the longest, like me. Like a graduated tax.

Didn’t get this email either, so I’m guessing my shipment is safe. If anyone finds themselves short of a Bone Rock experience and in LA, give me a shout and we’ll open one together.

Same as mine, They have been good to me , so whatever is easiest for them !

Thanks so much for understating. We are so sorry a out this, it’s completely our fault, technical glitch.

We didn’t pull the single bottle from those who only were allocated one to begin with…

Thanks again for understanding, you guys are all so awesome. And we are so appreciative to have you as our customers!

So my wish list of 3 extra bottles is still on ? :wink:

Well said!

So we got one 2010 Bone Rock and uncorked it tonight, enjoying it after about an hour open in bottle. Wine is all minerals and salt but densely inky and a touch heavy. My wife noticed a little fire but I didn’t. This is not fruit-driven at all, way savory.

Normally I’d think a decade was primetime for Saxum but I’d give this more time or decant it an hour or two. If I could guarantee I’d make it thru this pandemic I might suggest 20 years for this wine.

With Flannery Hangers.
5417F006-950F-47C6-97CA-ED23E17795CB.jpeg
1B309CC2-32CB-4AD2-8B81-FA97CC865FC6.jpeg