Burgundy 2010 QPR Thread

OK, here it is…following on from the Burg QPR 2009 thread. I’ll start…

Domaine Jean Fournier 2010 Cuvee St. Urbain Marsannay–Great stuff. Case price of about $24/bottle where I shop, probably less expensive for most of you. Just what I like in a villages-level Burgundy.

The 2010 Faiveley Mercurey 1er Cru Clos des Myglands looks like it should be a winner, but I haven’t tasted it yet…I can’t find anyone who ships it to KY besides Macarthur Beverages, where it is overpriced. Anyone know of a better source?

How are the 2010 Pommards? I haven’t seen a lot written about them yet, other than in WS. Pommards generally seem overpriced, I’d certainly like to find a bargain Pom.

If QPR includes wines approaching $50, then any of the Boisson-Vadot meursaults. They are out of this world. Sometimes referred to as baby coche, but nothing baby about it last night. I had the village meursault, grands charrons and chevaliers in a blind tasting the other night. I think this is one of the premier producers of meursault right now approaching Roulot in terms of quality (although stylistically very different) and every bit as good as similar appelations from coche dury.

Faiveley Mercurey 1er clos du roy is similar to the Myglands and very nice. I also had a bottle of the plain Mercurey bottling that was nice - but a tad thin and in need of food to balance the acidity. That said - it was good with food!

Auduoin Marsannay’s have been nice. Not sure where you are in KY - but if Nashville is not too far of a drive - check out Hoyt at Village wines. He won’t always be the best priced (TN has a similar problem with our laws to KY), but he gets a ton of burgs - young and old and knows them backwards and forwards. Give him a price range and bottles that you like/have enjoyed in the past and he can fill you out a nice case.

Thanks for the tip. Nashville is too far away (3 1/2 hours) to be convenient for shopping, but there is an outside chance I will be down there in May for a meeting. Where is Village wines? If I go, I’ll be near the Vandy campus.

Belland’s 2010s. An awesome combo of substance and gourmandise (read yumminess).

Village wines is on the edge of Vandy’s campus. I would go to their website (it does not have a list of everything that sell or even remotely close) and sign up for the emails. When you are getting ready to come down, I would call Hoyt and discuss what you are looking for and what you want to pay. He will make suggestions and you can email back and forth with him on what he has/can get for you - but the best deals are buying on release from him and in volume (normally 6 bottle lots). Tell him Gerard sent you.

G

Speak of the Devil, and he appears:

I found out that the 2010 Jean Fournier Marsannay Clos du Roy (red) is available here. Anybody tried that one yet?

Jadot’s Beaune premier crus (the Clos de Ursules is more expensive, but the others are really well priced); Tremblay Bourgogne Rouge

Tortochot Morey St Denis
Faiveley Mercurey La Framboisiere
Gouges Bourgogne Rouge

I’ve purchased 6 bottles from Costco for $30@, but I haven’t opened one yet. I’ve been meaning to try one, to convince myself to go back and get more, but I haven’t gotten around to it.

I wish we had Costco here. (Actually one is supposed to be built in a year about 15 miles away…first one in the area…it will probably put all the liquor stores out of business.)

Go back and get more. Still kicking myself for only getting 4 when JJ Buckley had it.