Parker 2010 Bordeaux Scores

How many 2010 Bordeaux 100 pointers from RP

• <5
  • 5-10
  • 10-15
  • 15-25
  • 100+

0 voters

Isnt’ RP’s final scores due out any day? I guess with so many other reviewers throwing big numbers for their in bottle scores, and the decline of RP’s influence (at least by readers here!), it is a non event.

With so many 2009 perfect scores will 2010 have more or less?

Also sprach Zarathustra:

5 chateaux repeat in 2010 with perfect scores…BUT…only a total of 9 perfect scores…for now… 1 of which has never,ever received a perfect score…in 10-15 years I could imagine another 6-8 chateaux joining the rarefied air of perfection…

Bordeaux is dead to me, at least for classified growths of new vintages (full disclosure, I am too old to be buying it anymore anyway)

Did Petrus get 100?

I"m guessing it will be Pontet Canet, as RMP is a HUGE fan of this Chateau, and has pumped this 5th Growth into a pricing powerhouse when compared to early pricing. Either that, or Palmer, but has he given Palmer a 100 point rating before?

Only Bob, his boss Lisa, and their Singapore investors know for sure

What about Leve?

Check the purchase logs from Singapore…we’ll know.

The 2010 Pontet Canet was one of the most impressive bbl samples we tasted on the CT Bdx. trip a couple years ago — seriously good stuff; you might call it “super awesome, dude,” I might call it “super awesome, dude: 97 points”, and Parker might call it “100 points.” But, in the end, it’s all the same: the wine is excellent.

Too early to say…Negotiations with the chateaux still going on!..

This is the right time for the investors to prove that their money was well spent.

Honestly I don´t give a damn. Bordeaux is dead and buried for me.

Why?

Well it isn’t dead nor buried for me. I continue to enjoy bordeaux and am curious to see how some of the mid-level wines (those I can actually afford) do.

When are the scores released? I thought it was today?

‏@CellarWatch – “Trades for Pichon Baron 2010 on @livex have leapt from £1,576 per 12x75 yesterday to £1,845 today, in anticipation of Parker scores.”
BEM7m6VCcAA70mu.png-large.jpg
Good article from Asimov today - http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/06/dining/a-new-role-for-bordeaux.html

if bordeaux is dead to you then you must be dead inside!!! :wink:

Well, the ERP thread on this sure has gone south quickly as people grow impatient, complete with random protestations of gay love. I think.

Can’t read ebob, but let me just say I’m ecstatic this is about Bordeaux. Let him screw the Bordeaux buyers this time, instead of the Rhone buyers. His retirement can’t come soon enough for me, the narcissistic a-hole…

Same here. I love Bordeaux and while I can’t buy the high end stuff, there’s a lot out there for reasonable prices that is quite compelling.