San Francisco wine storage options

Hi.
I’m sure this topic has been beaten to death, but a quick search brought up very little.
City Storage in SF is all full - I am on the waiting list.
I need to store about 30 case of wine, but a lot of it is Champagne and so larger bottles. Looking for suggestions in SF and/or environs. A quick google search brought up some pretty wild prices. Where do people actually store wine? We are moving to South Beach.

Thanks for any advice.

Oakland? Try Subterraneum.

+1

It’s a great facility that is very well run.

I recommend:
WineBank
1320A Willow Road
Menlo Park, California 94025

TTT

I totally agree.

Talk with Brian McGonigle at SF Wine Center on Bryant Street. http://www.sfwinecenter.com/

A little ways south in SSF is a place called Arco’s 650.873.2726. A few other WB store there.

Try Ideall 55, dunno their prices but they are in the city near South Beach.

Adventures in Wine in SSF is where we store ours. We’ve had a good experience there. From South Beach its probably more convenient than most places in the city. We used to live in Potrero Hill, and it took about 6 minutes to drive there, with easy parking.

Another one for Adventures in Wine. I had 2 lockers there for a while and they just packed everything up for me and sent it to St. Louis.

I store in Marin County: Storquest.
Efficient and no complaints here.

I use Ideal55. They have a lots of space and they are in the city. They have 24hr access which is the best part.

I have good things about Subterraneum in Oakland.

Awesome - thanks for the recs. I prefer 24 hour access for sure. Appreciate the input!

^These guys definitely look like they’ve got their stuff together. I also found that Millbrae Self Storage offers wine storage lockers, and they’re a mere 2 blocks from the BART station!

http://www.selfstoragemillbrae.com/

Good luck!

me me me

I see Mr. Chins’ name on the log sheet sometimes but never met in person

Another pitch for Adventures in Wine; they are very reasonable and they are importers so they know what they are doing.

+1 on Ideal 55, especially since you are in South Beach and need 24/7 access. You can get a deal from them on yelp (pay $100 for $200 in credit).

I have my wine here and am a big fan. [cheers.gif]

Can anyone confirm that Ideal 55 is still in business? I am in need of some overflow storage in downtown SF, and they neither answer the phone number listed nor have responded to multiple email inquiries. I’m trying to figure out if they are shut down or just poorly run. The location and 24 hour access is appealing to me, but if necessary, I will move on and look at sfwinecenter. Any input is appreciated.
Thanks,
Jeff

They are still in business, but the San Francisco number/contact is indeed not good in answering /returning calls. Only way I was able to reach them was by calling the other numbers on their website. Not sure but I think I called LA number and left a message. Got a call back the same day. I would mention to them that the SF number/contact person is not very responsive at all as that is what happened to me as well. In the end I decided not to go with them, partially due to this reason (other is being 2X the price of what I pay for storage now).

• J