FEDEX shipping issues, yet again

Well, really just the usual crap.
I pay for overnight and at 9am they make a “delivery attempt” to my work address where they claim that no one is available to take the package. So I call and they tell me they’'ll deliver at 11am. Not a problem as far as I’m concerned. So why claim that no one was there at 9am? Well, because they probably knew it’d be delivered at 11am and as I requested overnight it has to arrive before 10:30am. [soap.gif] deadhorse

How about this one" Today, I am expecting a highly anticipated delivery of which I paid extra for overnight, and it was a TON.
Should be there by 10:30. I go to lunch at 12 and come back only to find nothing. I left a co-worker the tip money and he sat by the elevator awaiting delivery.
By 1pm I check the tracking and it says ‘Signed for by :.Tin’ left at front desk.
Yes, the :. was there too. I call FEDEX and start a case. Now I am pissed. I go all around the building looking for the box!
I find out the FEDEX guy is new. After about an hour I ring a bell for the company on 6. A woman responds and says in broken English “Yes, We have your box. my father signed for it!”. Wow. It appears the guy asked the first person he sees to sign. Never mind its an 80 year old Chinese man who speaks NO ENGLISH. Sign away. Hey Mr Asswipe Fedex, just IGNORE the 3rd floor part and yeah, any old person will do!

Holy crap.

Well, Look on the bright side… It was only 3 floors up. I bet you would have been REALLY pissed if it was on the 35th floor.

Yep, especially since we only go to 8… :slight_smile:

OK, that was worse. That would have really had me scared!

These are known as high end problems.

Ah, no, its known as bad service from a service provider be it a case of wine or a case of popsickles.

One of my 2010 BDX futures got shipped, but somehow the OWC is missing and can’t be found, but the wine got here. The funny part was it showed it as delivered at one point, but now FedEx says it’s on the other side of the country and can’t be located. Uggggggh. It was a 2010 VCC OWC to boot :frowning:

Can you at least get reimbursed? Those OWCs have some value.

I’ve mentioned it before… but anyone here is welcome to PM me with a tracking number. If I’m in the office, I can get some good information very quickly on matters like this.

… You have resources and I don’t mind lending a hand to a fellow berserker.

+1. FedEx deals with valuable shipments all the time, and one pays a premium for speed and accuracy. There’s no excuse for phantom deliveries, lazy misdeliveries, and so forth. Sure, mistakes happen, but what’s described above are not reasonable mistakes.

I must be the anamoly, have had many more problems with Brown.

Given all the time they scan these packages, I don’t see how a package can go “missing”. Maybe it was accidentally placed on a truck destined for a different part of the country, but if so, shouldn’t the package be redirected back pretty quickly once they find the mistake???
I’m really peeved that the OWC “can’t be found”. It was just sent out last Monday.

And PM sent Joel… thanks!

Same here, but that may have more to do with my crotchety delivery guy who hates lugging cases of wine up to the house. My FedEx guy actually brings them in the house and always has treats for the dogs.

Much prefer Fedex but have not had issues with any shipper. Sorry to hear of your issues.

While not being a FedEx fan in the past, they have gotten better in my neck of the woods and earlier too.

I started using HAL (hold at location) in the past year. I find it much more convenient–they email and phone me when the package has arrived. Don’t have to be home. And the nearest Fed-Ex site is only 5 minutes away (and open on Saturdays).

It is always irritating to know that what you are expecting to be sent to you on that very day wouldn’t be able to get to you because of some problems or maybe it was given to other person. You paid for it the right way but you haven’t get it the right way as well and all you have to do is to wait all day long. But i think its a great idea to have a follow-up on the said service provider for you to have your delivery rightaway.

Yeah, that seems to be the way to go UPS does not seem to offer that service, however, at least for wine. And of course they won’t waive signature because it’s highly likely that someone under 21 mail ordered expensive wine from California 2 months ago becuse they couldn’t get hooked up locally.