TN: 2009 Cabot Vineyards Syrah Humboldt County

My first Cabot. Won’t be my last.

• 2009 Cabot Vineyards Syrah Humboldt County - USA, California, North Coast, Humboldt County (3/19/2013)
    My first Cabot. It’s Young, but there’s a very nice texture to this wine. Not heavy in any way, but precise red fruit and a cool minerality on the palate. The one minor nit is that its kind of grapey and primary in its youthfulness, but that will most likely fade in time. Really terrific acid here, if you like acid in your Syrah you will be happy. Good showing. I’m a fan. [/i]

Posted from CellarTracker

I am so happy you like it Dennis. It is young and will continue to open up and round out. The acid and structure come from the short growing window and low temperatures at harvest up North here in Humboldt. By the way, I love your avatar. Cheers to you, a new fan!

Thanks, Kimberly.
Figured it was time to check your wine out after hearing it raved about in these parts.
I’ve got the '07 and '08s from Berserkerday packs to check out soon.
Cheers.

A box of your Pinot Noir is scheduled to arrive at my house tomorrow. Can’t wait. [cheers.gif]

I wish I’d ordered a bunch of the syrah too.

I agree Dennis, this wine is very primary and young tasting right now. The 07 and 08 are showing more complexity and secondary characters right now.