Carlisle Shipment

Arrived today with a cool new feature - drinking window dates on the Bill of Lading. [welldone.gif]

Mine arrived today. I didn’t dare open for fear of opening something prematurely! Popping a 2005 Cardiac Hill tonight with some grilled steaks. I’ll post notes later.

Mine arrived at my daughter’s home… I’ll pick it up LATER!!!

Never opened a Carlisle on delivery. Drinking an '09 Pelkan Syrah; learnt I like my Carlisle syrah on the younger side.

If mine had showed up, I’d be posting notes.

+1. Nice touch! I think this is the first time ever that the Carlisle shipment has arrived without me opening a bottle immediately. Maybe I’m learning. Or maybe it was because of all the other stuff that landed on the doorstep today.

I’ve got to start paying more attention to those bills of lading.

Yes, I agree that the drinking window dates on the invoice are cool, but keep in mind that Carlisle puts the same information in a drinkability chart on their website. So if you lose your invoice, the information is readily available. Nice. [cheers.gif]
Phil Jones

Good answer!!

Picked up today, tasted the 2011 Sonoma County Zin, which is one of the best QPR wines I can remember. Wouldn’t hesitate to open one of those today, or probably quite a few years from now.

Did you cheat and go to the Ceritas open house too?

Huge +1. Would have bought a case or more had I known how good this was going to be.

Didn’t have to cheat, was picking up both :wink:

Baller!