North Sonoma Valley Zin

Any recommendations of wonderful Zin in North Sonoma (healdsburg, dry creek valley) would be much appreciated! Thank you :slight_smile:

Any recommendations of wonderful Zin in North Sonoma (healdsburg, dry creek valley) would be much appreciated! Thank you :slight_smile:

Rafanelli, Dry Creek Vineyard, Quivira, and Ridge Lytton Springs.

Nalle
Unti
Coffaro
Talty

Those are some of my faves I would rate them all wonderful!

Wilson…

Ridge Geyserville, tho’ not Zin on the label.

Unti makes a tasty Grenache, too!

Dry Creek is pretty much Zin central so you can’t go wrong anywhere. Different styles though with folks like Wilson & Bella on one side and Dry Creek Vyds & Lytton Springs on the other

Mauritson, Talty, Seghesio…

Rafanelli.

Tom

Highly recommend Quivira and Ridge Lytton Springs.

Nicely done, folks! [cheers.gif]

You can pick up superlative 2008, 2009, and 2010 Ravenswood Teldeschi Zinfandels (a very old vine Dry Creek vineyard) at reduced prices (the winery no longer has cachet even though Joel Peterson is still there- everybody scrambles for his son’s Bedrock or Carlisle) such as $22.99 to $24.99. These wines are glorious.

Zichichi

Thank you very much, everyone! Great suggestions!! I’ll be sure to incorporate these into my trip :slight_smile: [cheers.gif]

+1 on Mauritson and Wilson

Also add Mazzocco, Matrix, Valdez and Pezzi King

In town John Holdredge, member here, used to make terrific Zin and maybe you can taste in his Healdsburg tasting barn.

+1 on Nalle. A more elegant Zin.

Haven’t made Zin since 2008, so we are excluded.

But I’d second most of the recommendations made here, and add that Limerick Lane is under new ownership- really great folks (owned Marietta before) and really making some very nice wines.

Ditto on Limerick Lane.