Londer Vineyard to "close down"

From an email received yestersay:
"Since we sold the vineyard last year Joe Webb has done an outstanding job of running the business. We could not have kept the doors open without him at the helm.We are proud of the wines we have made and have been overwhelmed with the scores and the popularity of our wines.

In spite of this, “All things must come to an end” and we have decided to close down Londer Vineyards. It was a very difficult decision. Our plans are to be at the 2013 Anderson Valley Pinot Festival to see as many of you as we can, and keep the tasting room open at least thru Pinot Fest weekend possibly to the end of May. We will have an open house in the tasting room on Sunday, May 19th. We invite you to join us at a farewell party of wine, food, and a few surprises"
Larry & Shirlee Londer

I continue to be amazed more wineries have not closed over the past 3-4 years with the economy even today continuing to struggle. Add in the fact that 100’s of wineries sprung up in the decade before the Great Recession and one would think the closings would be well into the dozens. Maybe there have been and I just haven’t heard about them.

How sad. I once had a very sucessful sales field ride with Larry. A real nice guy.

+1. I visited these two years ago right after a fire on the property and they simply could not have been nicer or more accomodating. Lovely people, lovely wines and I’m sorry to see them go.

+1 seems the closure rate is much less than local retail shops and restaurants of all types here in socal.

too bad

Bummer . . . . .

LOVE their Gewurztraminer . . . .

+1, I will remember very fondly visits with Larry and Shirlee, both at their vineyard and at a couple Pinot Days. I wish them every happiness in the future as they take this difficult step.

I agree about their Gewürztraminer, Larry, and their Pinots have been very good too. Sorry to hear about this - Larry and Shirlee are really nice people and I wish them the best.