Your lowest Cellartracker Scored Wine in Your Cellar

90 - 95% of my Cellartracker wines are over 90, but then today I took a flyer on a Four Vines Truant. Should of looked it up before buying. It comes in at an 80. New all time low. champagne.gif

1 Like

I have one of those 70 point Hedges wines in my cellar. ā€œA light bodied wine with almost no flavor profile. Maybe lemon water. Unpleasant chalky finish.ā€ Morning dew, yum.

Lots not rated, the lowest is ā€¦

68.5 - 1993 Robert Ampeau & Fils Auxey-Duresses 1er Cru Les Ecusseaux

Next lowest is ā€¦

80 pts - 1988 Domaine des Lambrays Clos des Lambrays Clos des Lambrays [scratch.gif]

1 Like

2008 Kale Wines Syrah Samanthaā€™s Vineyard (USA, California, Sonoma County, Russian River Valley) RR92, CT85.3
I thought it at least a 90. Bought 3 more after I had it.

Herein lies the problem with CT average scores ā€¦

Here is the 50pt review ā€¦

Nose of Clorox mixed with stewed roadkill, palate with the taste and consistency of diluted baby food. Are you kidding me? I keep telling myself never to buy aged Burgundy, because itā€™s either ex-Domaine swill that didnā€™t sell on release, or stuff that used to be good until it was stored next to the furnace in grandpaā€™s condo for fifteen yearsā€¦ this is the former, so donā€™t complain to me I should have marked it ā€œflawedā€.

Here is Jeremy Holmesā€™ review (with no score). ā€¦
Some barnyard, sous bois and smoked meats to the aroma. The tannins have all but folded into the wineā€™s sweet vinosity but thereā€™s still a kiss of minerally acidity. Certainly no ā€˜vin de guardeā€™ but really quite tasty and ready to go.

I know which one I trust more!

1 Like

Interesting exercise. I have two 83s, each gifts: 2005 Shadow Canyon Cellars Syrah & 1999 Sartori di Verona Amarone, but am surprised to see them followed by 84 points for a 6-back of 2011 Haut-Bailly Rose Iā€™m very much looking forward to trying. Not a statistically significant 84 (4 notes) but ups the ante when I pop one.

About 150 wines have no community score, but the lowest are 2005 Luneau-Papin Excelsior Clos des Noelles at 60 points, 1997 Joguet Cheney Vert at 71 points, and 2010 Puzelat KO at 74 points. Iā€™m not concerned about any of these scores.

2 Likes

Hereā€™s my lowest:

2007 Domaine Monier St. Joseph Terre Blanche - France, RhƓne, Northern RhƓne, St. Joseph (11/15/2009)
Nose is not a good start, instant horse barn, not much else. Palate, if possible, is worse. Seems like it might be OK initially, with some dark fruit, but then a wave of acidity kicks in, not tartness, just a sickening acidity, like a bad belch that leaves the taste of stomach acid. A Kermit Lynch bottle that looked interesting in the store, but should have been dumped overboard on the Atlantic crossing.

Night 2: well the barnyard is gone (not sure how), left with some aroma of bad sweet pickels. Palat is unchanged, a core of dark fruit, but wrapped in a very unappealing acidity, I canā€™t tell if this is somehow bacterially spoiled, or if this the way the wine is supposed to be. Oh, BTW, being biodynamically farmed didnā€™t help this wine one bit :wink: (76 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

1 Like

Iā€™ve got a 75 point 2010 Kermit Lynch Monferato. I rated it ā€œVery Goodā€. On the QPR scale Outstanding in light of the seven dollar price tag.

Ooh, I just found a 2007 Monier SJ blanc in the cellar that I didnā€™t know I had. You wonā€™t get invited up when it gets opened. :wink:

2008 Dois IrmĆ£os Winery Pinot Noir. 82pt avg. Surprise, surprise. I didnā€™t realize I had any of these left.

Shocked to see mine at CT77 for the 2010 TOR Kenward Durell Vyd Wente Clone Chard. Iā€™ve enjoyed each TOR chard Iā€™ve tried, but have not tried this one yet. 77, 75 and 94 from three separate posters. Hope my experience matches the latter.

My second is the 2009 Bedrock RRV Zin at 81.9. I fully concur with that one, as it is the only one of 89 (yikes) Bedrock bottles Iā€™ve consumed that has not been a pleasure to drink and was downright undrinkable. My private CT note: ā€œAwful; stewed fruit and pickled apples. Poured down drain.ā€

Cheers,

Steve

2007 Chronicle Pinot Noir Sonoma Coast. CT avg is 84.8, but Iā€™d rate the two bottles Iā€™ve had in the low to mid 70ā€™s. Trying to find some reason to open my remaining two bottles, but just donā€™t ever feel like subjecting myself to it again. Yuck!

2004 Jadot Echezeaux. Survey says 85.7.

Mine are both Livermore wines. Not even sure when these were bought, but if Iā€™m responsible Iā€™m sure I wasnā€™t the one driving. Actually the McGrail is pretty well respected around hereā€¦

2006 White Crane Winery Cabernet Sauvignon Winery 21
Livermore Valley 1 (750ml)$0 72 points 0% like it (1 vote)

2007 McGrail Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon Reserve McGrail Vineyard
Livermore Valley more 1 (750ml)$36 by 2016 80 points 100% like it (1 vote)

1 Like

I have a few 2004 Chateau Charmant rated an 83. I think it is a solid 88+ and a great weekday wine. I have also been told they were recently purchased by Chateau Margaux and the vineyards will be part of future Pavillion Rouge offerings. I would love if anyone could verify this info. Heck I think this wine is good.

69 for 2001 Paraiso Vineyards Pinot Noir Late Harvest. Xmas gift time. I hope you are not the recipient!

1950 Ch Belair (Dubois-Challon) -60 pts. Iā€™m sure itā€™s better than that.

2 Likes

Two
2011 Cristom Pinot Gris Estate (83.5 points but no tasting notesā€¦idiots) I disagree
2011 Saint-Cosme Vin de Table FranƧais Little Jamesā€™ Basket Press (83.5 points which I think is generous) I have five bottles and plan to use them to braise.

2000 Oriel Cabernet Sauvignon VQM. 80.3 pts on six reviews, but two from the same guy. Would have been lower but one guy gave it an 84.