My daily wineconsumption is way to much for the wrong reason

I seem to be finding way too many wines either unacceptable or with some faults and as such I may dump 1-2 bottle before I find a decent wine. Of course I can go to the ones the I know, but I want to try some different wines.

Since most of the everyday wines will fall in the $20-30 range, it sure adds up to finding a decent one.

That’s not too good in my book.

Otto

Never really understood that. A bottle would have to be corked or rancid for me to pour it down the sink.

If you are dumping 1-2 bottles a night, I need to travel down there once a week and pick them up. Next time, cork them up!

Dumped 2 bottles today, and this is not unusual. Today the expensive one was the Musella Amarone. Sorry to say the 04 Louis M Martini, the 90 point wine was just good for 1/3 of a bottle,could not take it, the Amarone was either corked or I am not too familiar with Amarone The last one which is quite good is the 06 Lipareta Sovignon Blanc. The SB is by far the winner. Tally $50, and this is an inexpensive night.

Otto

Sorry Otto but that sounds like nothing but a very shameful waste. Don’t you have any friends who might appreciate some wine you don’t want!? [shock.gif]

I rarely finish a bottle of wine if I open it for myself, but I usually won’t open another one the same night =P

Charlie and Chris, for me it’s like a 1…2…3. Open one up…then the other …and then one more. This only to get something that will get me satified. Once a bottle is not up to par, down the drain. Life is short.

Otto

I never thought I had low standards until I read this thread. I think I’ve only poured out five bottles in my life!

i poured one out once, it was a Screaming Eagle tho.

I poured out a DRC once, seriously! It was that overripe and undrinkable.

But sounds like you need to stop buying so much and focus on only what you really like. I don’t buy as much anymore, but am far more specific as to what i like and what I buy. Life is to short to buy stuff I won’t really like, so why buy it. But I say we all head to his place and raid the trash can.
Otto, can you just recork them and set them outside the front door. The odor de trashcan interfers with the suble nuances of the Syrah and Cabernet at times [big_boss.gif]

Offline on Otto’s porch. Should I post it in the Offline Planner? [gen_fro.gif]

I just say lower your expectations.

Aim low.

where is his porch, i’m in SD and i’ve never seen it =P

The Berserker mantra. [ok.gif]

Andy speaks truth.

That whole ‘broadening horizons’ thread is totally wrong. [gen_fro.gif]

Overripe DRC? Was it an '03? I still haven’t found any European '03’s I like.

I’m not a huge fan of 2003’s…but if you have the $, 2003 Liger Belair La Romanee…really, really nice.

The problem is that ever the better wines from 2003 are more expensive that the 2002 and 2004 vintages, and I’d rather drink them. Most of the wines from 2003 that appear balanced have had some acid adjustment done and too many have hard, green tannins. Granted, better vineyards (like La Romanee) fared better.

Me too.
I guess I’m just too cheap to dump wine.

Short of corked, that’s where I live too.