Saxum Summer 2013 Offer

Warning note just hit the inbox. Offer opens July 30

Terry Hoage
JBV
Paderewski
Heart Stone

Better start saving

How did everyone else read the email? To me it is not clear.

I just bought Heart Stone 2010 from them a few months ago [scratch.gif] [scratch.gif]

Saxum’s summer release begins July 30th!

You will receive an offer from Saxum Vineyards on Tuesday, July 30th, and it will be held for one week (until Tuesday, August 6th). Exclusively we will offer you a bottle of 2011 Terry Hoage Vineyard, along with 2011 James Berry Vineyard, 2011 Paderewski Vineyard and 2011 Heart Stone Vineyard. Look for a letter mailed to your billing address with more release details in late July.

If you will be unable to place an order during that time please contact us, info@saxumvineyards.com.

We hope your summer is off to a great start!

Justin & Heather Smith

I’m in the next wave… Aug 6th. And minus the Hoage.

weird. I’ve been buying for the last 5-6 years, almost full allocation each time. I’m now in the 2nd wave and no Hoage. hm. oh well

Only 3 years for me, but a 2nd wave and a goose egg is new. List expansion or a low prod year? :frowning:

Well, sounds like I am only getting a single bottle of Hoage so I guess there isn’t much of that at all.

oy vey. I am so broke but I do love the Saxum. Good thing I just sold a bunch of California Pinot. First wave here.

IIRC the Hoage is limited and being offered to those whose allocation of the Bone Rock (or was it JBV) the last time were cut due to a Saxum error on release. Anyway, I don’t think to much on these and buy what I can afford.

It was the Bone Rock for those who were initially allocated 3, but were later reduced to 2. In addition, you had the option of either getting a refund of the “lost” Bone Rock, or getting a 2011 BR… I chose the latter.

I’m in the next one on Aug 13th

I found this wording confusing, but I guess it means we get one bottle of the very small production 2011 Hoage and then some typical allocation of the other 3, e.g. 3 each?

+1

That’s how I read it.

I’ve been buying since the 2004 vintage (2006 offer) and I think I got one Hoage, which is fine. I suspect that the production was very low. IMHO, Justin and Heather have always been very fair in their allocations, so I doubt there is any other reason for the limited amounts made available. Last year, they accidentally over-allocated, so I am sure that they are just being extra-careful.

I bought last year for the first time but have not seen an email yet.

Hi Everyone! Sierra here, I just wanted to let you know that Justin was only able to make 120 cases of the 2011 Terry Hoage (in 2010 he was able to make 400 cases). In 2011 the yields from this vineyard were very shy and we only got enough fruit to fill 3 puncheons of wine. Therefore, the allocations for this one are extremely tight… When we realized we had over-allocated the 2010 Bone Rock last spring it seemed like we needed to offer this limited bottling exclusively to those customers who were shorted a bottle of the Bone Rock. So, those customers will receive 1 bottle of the 2011 Terry Hoage. Other wines… James Berry, Paderewski and Heart Stone allocations will be more like they were last year.

No worries, Sierra. These wine nerds get all nervous when emails don’t come in immediately or when their allocations aren’t that of others. Rumor has it that you guys make wine every year so odds are there will be more to buy in the future. [berserker.gif]

Me too. Waiting, hoping…