Your Sommelier for This Evening . . .

“I don’t always drink wine, but when I do, it is Matteo Correggia‬ Roero Nebbiolo.”

Is that a Bruce Springsteen wannabe/clone?

He got a bottle of rosé so let’s try it…
We’ll pick up Hazy Davy and Killer Joe
And I’ll take you all out to where the gypsy angels go

I like Matteo Correggia Roero Nebbiolo.

Eddie Vedder?

Yes.

Go figure. Pearl Jam was always pretty terrible anyway, (no) thanks to the “singing” this guy did.

It’s funny because half the winemakers in Washington state love this guy

I didn’t recognize him without the flannel.

[wow.gif] The glib response is pretty obvious here, so I’d better not say anything else on the subject…

Wait, don’t you like Heavy Metal? And you’re complaining about Eddie Vedder’s singing?

[suicide.gif]

I thought that he always brought a bottle of Adam’s Pinot Noir on stage without a label?

All wine roads lead to Europe, eventually…

[wink.gif]

I thought this was going to be a cross post of the water sommelier from the Patina Group in LA.

"Riese recommends Voss, with its bitter notes, for salads and Fiji, with its sweet notes, for desserts. After the water menu launches, Riese will make himself available to guests who would like water pairing recommendations for their food. " [rofl.gif] [rofl.gif]

“Riese was certified as a water sommelier after taking a weeklong course in Germany at Doemen’s.” So there IS hope for all those poor souls that can’t pass the Master Sommelier exam; you can always be a water sommelier.

Not that this makes me super important, but I seem to live in a bit of a hotbed of famous music folks who’s music I never listened to. Mike McCready grew up down the street. Duff mcKagan (Ok, guns and Roses) lives across the street when he’s not in LA. Dave Dederer of Presidents of the united states used to live two houses away. (Oh, and when we moved in, Gary Larsen Of the Far side was our next door neighbor, and bill Gates and Melinda lived across the street) Of course, everybody except Duff has moved out, and definitely upgraded. I can’t decide if that means the neighborhood is going downhill or not.

Looks a bit like phillipe melka

Wow, if you consider that metal, I’d love to play some early Slayer for you sometime.

Hey Ken, if you blow your brains out over something as trivial as this your life must be very tough indeed. I saw PJ in a 400 capacity club the month before they turned into an overnight sensation and thought they were laughably bad. Then the hype happened and I really started loathing them.
A famous bass player in his then late fifties had told me that with the publicty machines of the music industry “majors” behind you, you could record an albums filled with burps and farts and still sell millions. I realized he was right exactly then.

I used to refer to PJ as the worst band in the world, but apparently they did learn to play a bit and even Vedder has learned to sing rather than pelt out those laughably contrived lyrics and singing lines like he used to. Besides, we now have Coldsore whose music and whiney nasal singer makes we want to turn around and cold cock someone the moment their sonic diarrhea comes within ear shot…

What a bunch of third rate U2 clones! [snort.gif]

different strokes…

Try reading again.