Commerce Corner Suggestion/Mild Rant

To all sellers in Commerce Corner:

Is it so hard to list desired prices on the original post? If you want to auction your wines and are looking for the higher “bid” why not go to Winebid or any other auction house? It should be as simple as listing the wine, stating the condition and provenance, and defining the terms of the sale. If you are not sure of the market value of the wine then use Wine Searcher, Winebid, or search in CC for recent prices.

I move to add to the recent minimum post requirement and require that all commerce corner posts need to have prices listed.

Pardon the rant.

I agree. I don’t want to PM or email you for your prices. Include a link if its a gigantic list

agree!

Is this really that big a problem?

1. Global Warming
  2. World Economy
  3. Lack of pricing on Commerce Corner
  4. Overpopulation/resource allocation
  5. Affordable Healthcare.

LOL.

• a million

I don’t have time to send you a PM, wait for you to ask for my email address, then wait for you to send me a list with prices, then have to haggle with you, only to find out that you sold the bottle already.

Keep it simple. Bottle, info, desired price. Sell to first response or best offer below your price. Boom.

It’s a good suggestion and he did categorize it as a “mild rant”.

Ya gotta putta price on your pig if you want to sell it.

Personally, I’ve wasted time asking for lists only to find out that aged, well stored quality bordeaux means something different to the seller than me. Due to other issues with wines purchased from other BBs, I don’t buy wine from folks on BBs unless I have met them in person.

I think it would be a good idea to require either a list of wines with prices or a link to a list and prices.

G

+1

If people can’t be bothered giving their location and their prices, then just ignore their posts in CC.

Peter I agree. The one time I pm’d an offer for pricing, the seller did not even have the courtesy to respond. That person is now on my foe list.

The problem here is that we assume that most people have common sense when selling items.

Many do not.

Agree totally with Carlos… but, meh… whatcha gonna do?

I mentioned it on the commerce corner min post thread but I used to be on another forum that had a commerce corner-like area too. They had a min post requirement and required clear prices to be stated for everything. Absolutely no “make me an offer” or “PM me for details” threads, ever. A mod would also monitor the forum and quote all new CC posts in to ensure that the original post could not be edited later (in attempts to raise prices). If the thread didn’t match the rules, it was deleted right away.

It worked very well… but I know Todd doesn’t want to do that, which I completely understand.

I also would prefer to see pricing.

agree location-zip is fine-should be included.

deadhorse

I disagree. If it doesn’t have a price, skip it and move on as if the post never existed.

BTW - Looking to sell 1 mag '45 Romanee Conti. PM for pricing. [wink.gif]

I like the rant - and agree - i would also say for all the risk in the transaction i dont find 10% or even 20% off wsearcher low to be attractive pricing…just my 2 cents

IT should have a price, but to regulate it would require a pretty active moderator team…

Complete and total thread drift on my part. But before the above post, I hadn’t focused on the fact that we had a “foe” option. Interested to know, I tracked it down. Had to sorta laugh at the text on that page…

“Foes are users which will be ignored by default. Posts by these users will not be fully visible. Personal messages from foes are still permitted. Please note that you cannot ignore moderators or administrators.

Am I the only one whose mind immediately inserted Todd into the Glenn Close scene from “Fatal Attraction”?

I don’t see any reason to require people to list their items and prices, but I do agree that it’s not a very effective strategy for selling your wines, and I personally don’t email or PM people to ask them what wines they are selling or what prices they want.

I figure the market will work itself out if buyers feel that way we in this thread seem to feel and act accordingly.

[I will say that I’ve had 100% positive outcomes on all of my CC purchases thus far. Not 100% of my inquiries or negotiations, but 100% of my purchases. Everyone has been forthright, wines have looked good, packing was very thorough, good communication, etc. It’s a nice forum.]