Pending Deliveries

I’ve done a fine job ignoring my spending on wine this year. My blissful ignorance was just shattered when I looked at pending deliveries. Over twenty cases are headed my way in the next six weeks. Holy crap! Where am I going to put them? I have room in my cellar for maybe a case or two. It will take me thirty years to drink what I already have in stock. Keep an eye on Commerce Corner; I may have to bump the top ten threads there.
BTW, please remind me, when is the Rhys release; I can’t miss that one. Maybe Kevin will be open to barter…

Heh i’m in the same boat…well maybe not quite the spree you went on but i’m up to 156 pending and now have to think about another cooler. Damn my wife will not be too happy when they start to roll in! pileon

You guys act as if this is one of life’s major dilemmas… [swoon.gif]

I have yet to see one of those ‘hoarder’ shows where they come in and the place is filled with boxes of wine… Maybe next year.

Thanks

My basement has cooled back down to the low 60s just in time. The active cellar is full to bursting.

I look forward to this time of the year. Excited to try some new things and things I ignored when they came around a few years back.

I have around 10 cases pending - great excuse to spend a Sunday rearranging my wine storage and taking inventory.

Really? Mine is usually done under cloak before the Mrs. comes home in the waning early evening hours. Boxes are shredded into indistinguishable little bits of particles. Foam goes into a black bag at the side of the house labeled yard rubbish. She comes home and sees my big smile and just thinks me a happy & content fool. When she asks what new, I reply-- ‘oh, nothing’.

How long do you (and others) typically wait before cracking into wine that’s been shipped? How long do you let it settle?

Every time that I think I have to much wine pending I know I can rely on the Berserker board to make me feel better about myself. [cheers.gif]

10-15 minutes. [wow.gif]

Ha! My thoughts exactly! My pending may be 80% of my current cellar (80 of 100, and may be double by the time it cools off in NC), but that’s nothing in comparison :slight_smile:

Bring some to CO.

I got panicked when I look at my pending, but then realized that a lot of it is Premier Cru and so I won’t be getting it until 2016. pileon

Lol, my thought precisely.

Funny how we look at things, I successfully cut back purchases only 94 currently pending.an all time low for me. Of course this is not what Wendy calls sucess.

I’m at 106 and wondering why as I usually pick everything up in person. Been a rough August/September on the old credit card.

Each summer, I get a false sense of having made progress on my overabundance of wine, then all the delayed fall shipments hit and WHAM, I’m right back to square one.

Though at least I canceled winebid.com last year; that was always the biggest October Surprise for me in years past. I love that site, but alas, I loved it too much, and I had to chain myself to the mast because I couldn’t resist the siren song.

I’m taking a pass on the Booker allocation that opened today. Baby steps…

After swearing I was done for the year, it seems I’ve bought as much as 2 cases of wine this week. Feeling some remorse. I can’t bring myself to enter them into CT; pending count is high enough already.