Does California wine suck?

:astonished: , sorry I figured that the mason Ilan thread has run it’s course so I thought I would start another shit show!!! :wink:

Yes, but only until you marry it. champagne.gif

Adam Lee
Siduri Wines

yes. stay away.

Not as much as Texier. :wink:

Well I’ll voice my opinion, [oops.gif] …never mind.

Should have been a poll with a yes or no answer…

Funny how it works out like that…

Best,

Kenney

Yes all of it does. California is a huge place, about the size of France, with many different microclimates, and it’s impossible to make a decent wine from any grape variety, white, red, orange, or any color.

Weird isn’t it?

Todd should break “Wine Talk” into 2 separate threads - one for the new world-ites and the other for the frenchies, so they can go play together.
neener

Fortunately I belong in both camps!

What about those of us who prefer Italy, Spain and maybe Portugal?

Greg,

Two of the hidden advantages of making shitty wine from every appellation and microclimate is that we never get complaints about not shipping in a timely basis and we are never upset about reviewers not reviewing our wines for 18 plus months.

Adam Lee
Siduri Wines

Yes. When I was young and foolish I could tolerate coarse California swill (even Zinfandel), but now that I’m a worldly man with an extremely sophisticated palate, I can only appreciate French wine.

Of course.

Because who wants it anyway?

Roberto - as you may know, I love Spain but when I go over I bring CA wine because the winemakers there are interested in what’s happening in CA. Same in Hungary, Austria, and France. None of them have ever disparaged the concept of CA wine and many of them are envious of the freedom CA winemakers have to experiment with grapes, viticulture, winemaking, etc. The Portuguese still wines are nothing if not influenced by CA, and in Spain it’s also clear. Want to know what Maria Jose loved at dinner? Pahlmeyer Merlot.

I meant as opposed to French, not California. Was responding to the original question of whether Todd should split the wine board into Cali and “frenchies”…

So you’re half worldly and sophisticated and half off the banana boat? You call that fortunate?

Good point.

I quit.

You can’t. You own the Board. [basic-smile.gif]

How would anyone know if California wine sucks? I didn’t think anyone on this forum admits to drinking it.