2010 Ceritas "Porter-Bass" Chardonnay

13.2% alcohol. Wonderful wine. Light, lean and mineral-laden, with depth, grip and purity. I’m becoming very interested in this producer. [cheers.gif]

‘Becoming’?? Where you been Mike??

No kidding, Russ. This is the producer who turned me on to CA Chard. I’ll buy any and all Ceritas Chardonnay.

This is a lovely wine. Ceritas is my favourite Chard producer in California. Kind of bittersweet to see them finally get the attention they deserve.

Recently bought 3 more 2011 P-B from the NYC area. The salesperson replied in the email that they sell more of this back to California residents than locals. Ceritas and Rhys have got me back into liking (and buying) California Chardonnay over the past 3 years. [cheers.gif]

+1

Agree, and reasonably priced ($53)!

I think it was Alan Rath who turned me on to Ceritas a couple of years ago. I’m sold on their Chardonnay. I’ve tried one of their Pinots (the '11 Costalina Sonoma Coast Appellation) and it was also exceptional. To me they are in this “Third-Wave” of California producers who are demonstrating that California can compete, and in fact, excel with a lighter, more edgy and vibrant style.

The Grapes of Rath was one of the first (if not THE first) to recognize this producer’s potential…
Luckily, he turned me on to JR early on and I’ve enjoyed the benefits ever since!

TTT

I got on board with Ceritas due to the buzz around the original Escarpa Pinot. Turns out I’m a bigger fan of the Chardonnay. Who knew?

Been buying since 09 but my favorite is the Heintz

Oddly enough I just received a case of their chard today. May have to pop on of the new ones, as I have never tried it.

S. Doc turned me on to this producer and I will be forever grateful!

John Raytek is a master with Chardonnay. It’s kind of ridiculous. As a side note he’s been making the wine for Lioco since the 2011 vintage. Worth searching out as they were good even before his arrival and probably a bit easier to find. Cheers.

Mr. Raytek has some amazing Chardonnay vineyards to play with as well - Porter Bass, Heintz and Peter Martin Ray. All three vineyards are 30+ years old, I believe.

Agreed, have yet to have a bad Charles Heintz vineyard designate Chard.

I’ve got my first delivery of Ceritas from the mailing list coming in the next day or so. I’m really looking forward to trying these wines.

I would love to taste the Chard with few years of age but hard to keep my hands off them

The '11 PB arrived yesterday, and bottle shock be damned, I opened one last night. Still finishing it off tonight, it’s another beauty. A little more angular than the '10. Other than Chablis, I’ve stopped buying White Burgs since discovering these newfangled Cali Chards.
Agree with the + pinot reports as well; outstanding.

Their Chard is stellar - hands down! And, that is a killer bottling/vintage as well. They are on our fellow fav’s list as well as Big Table Farm which I dare chant too much about on here as the small amount they may have of the 2012 when its released will be gobbled up before I can snag some! Their 2011 was smokin’ - we are ALL about that balanced, more earth driven profile in what we do and love to drink/support domestic peeps who are doing the same champagne.gif

Warren - stoked to get your lil splash of le LF to you to check out - heading out Monday and will arrive by next weekend! Look fwd to hearing what you think! [highfive.gif]

I piled away a 1/2 case of Ceritas into the full 'Scraper earlier this week. That is dope chardonnay and the praise that is getting heaped on this label and what John R is doing, he’s well earned that for the bitchen wines he has crafted. Great stuff.