Your wine of the Year

As we head into the 2nd day of the year you must have a wine of the year by now, heck I’ve even got a top 10 after yesterday’s long lunch!

Wine of the year: 2007 Vincent Dancer Chevalier-Montrachet

:slight_smile: Drinking a 1996 Eileen Hardy Shiraz which is pretty good but the 2001 HN Richebourg had last night has to be it.

'98 Chave for me thus far… Had the 2007 Vincent Dancer Meursault 1er Cru Les Perrières last month in Beaune - loved this one. Touches of custard, cold lime twist, honeysuckle, wafts of savory pear. Maybe lacking a bit of acid on the palate but other that that I remember this being good. I wish his Chevalier was easier to find! Happy New Year Jeremy.

Very tough call but Dom Perignon Oenotheque 1969 that was disgorged in 2006.

For the texture, balance, price and overall enjoyment, Cameron 2012 Ramato pinot Gris.

2008 Roulot Meursault Charmes. Fanfingtastic, though young.

Dam…thought you were saving the Eileen Hardy for me.

Alto Moncayo Aquilon 2005

Early on, Nespresso Dharkan had the edge, but later in the day it was clipped by a leftover 2011 Kermit Lynch CdR and then by 2009 Domaine des Tours VdP.

Argyros 20 Year Old Vinsanto from Greece.

61 Ponnelle MSD Bussiere

85 Gentaz

'98 Fonsallette Cuvee Syrah

2008 Comte Senard Grand Cru Corton at the domaine. Now I understand the allure of white burgs. This was my epiphany wine.

Of all wines: 1989 Foreau Domaine du Clos Naudin Vouvray Moelleux Réserve 1ère Trie

Current/new release white: 2012 Selbach-Oster Zeltinger Schlossberg Riesling Kabinett
Current/new release red: 2011 Arnot-Roberts Clary Ranch Syrah
Current/new release Champagne: Chartogne-Taillet Les Alliees Extra Brut

How extremely interesting, tell us more.

1995 Grange

Good to know as I have one of those which I’m thinking to drink this year.

1983 Egon Müller Scharzhofberger Riesling Eiswein

1998 Rayas