Kutch

Spring release live. Sonoma Coast and Falstaff. Any advance info/tastings?

In for 3 of the Sonoma Coasts. Have not tasted the '12’s, buying based on past vintages as they have not disappointed.

While this probably isn’t what you are looking for David, for others the release letter can be seen HERE

I will say that the wines are some of the most intense wines we have yet to produce. They will no question they see old bones. Falstaff is epic, no sales pitch. Magnums are priced at 2x’s bottles, no up charge. All wines in 2012 were fermented 100% whole cluster. Hope that helps.

Thank you Jamie. Excited for this release. I particularly love your McDougal. Trying to figure how much powder to keep dry for the fall!

I too dig the McDougall and the SC wines.

David,

Tasting 12’ McDougall side by side with 12’ Falstaff has been a fun exercise. They are both strong wines in 2012 and qualitatively, they are definitely neck in neck without one superior than the other in the context of the vintage. It was the first year in many that Falstaff finally set a healthy crop which really helped solidify the quality (low yields aren’t always best so don’t believe the hype!) The vines were very balanced and starting that winter, were pruned properly to handle the healthy yields we obtained. With two small crops at Falstaff (2010 & 2011) they were ready to push and we knew it coming into the vintage. Falstaff has some really great clonal material and we chose to ferment the entire pick 100% cluster, some of which was fermented in wood and the rest in stainless. I hope you have a chance to taste it as it really is special.

*edited for clarity and because my grammar sucks.

In for 3 of each and 1 mag. Really enjoy Jaime’s wines and looking forward to trying these '12’s.

Brian

So the McDougall will be a Fall release?

Yes, that is correct Robert.

Hirsch too? flirtysmile

Used this as motivation to open a Kutch. Drinking the 2010 Falstaff. First impression is quite good.

Same motivation, opened an 2011 SC. Really enjoyable, not epic, but good. Good acidity to balance out all the California sunshine. No candied fruit, no softness, good density on the palate and really enjoyable. Better an hour after opening. Jamie really seems to have dialed in the qualities needed to make an enjoyable food friendly drink.
Plus the 12.8% alc fits our aged bodies well.

Popped my only 11 Falstaff to get a feel for the vineyard. Sadly, corked! Bummer.

John,

I am happy to replace it with a 2012. Sadly I produced just 2 barrels of the 2011 as yields were so low. With so little, I wasn’t able to hold any back, unfortunately.

Jamie,

All of my Kutch wines dating back to '08 are corked. Thanks in advance.

Jeb,

Come on out to Sonoma and you can help yourself and drink as much as you can from cask!

All of my Kutch bottles have corks too!

I assume the allocation email has already gone out?? I got my first last fall, and placed an order but for some reason it never processed and I didn’t pursue it bc of many other purchases that the wife was hounding me about. Haven’t received an email yet and I’m just hoping that I haven’t been booted from the list?

Peyton,

I am sorry for the issue in the Fall. From what I can see on my end there was an issue with transacting. I can and will make it right with whatever you would like from the fall. Also, you should have received an offering today and I will follow-up with an email. You have certainly not been dropped from the list fyi…

Also looking for an e-mail Jamie.