Lambert Bridge (And nearby wineries?)

Do any Berserkers have any experience with their wines? My wife is in charge of planning a day trip in the area and we’re hitting Ridge for a library tasting, Copain, and the third scheduled (on recommendation by a concierge) was Lambert Bridge. Any recommendations in that immediate area, as well, if we switch or add a fourth?
Thanks in advance!
Noah

I enjoy Preston very much.

I haven’t been to Lambert Creek in years, but from what I recall, their wines at that time were nothing noteworthy. Maybe the wines have improved since then, but there are plenty of other good wineries in the area, including Holdredge, Mauritson, Papapietro Perry, Quivira, Seghesio, Unti, etc. Of course it depends on what type of wines you’re interested in, but I’d give one of the other options a try.

Nalle. Great zin imho. Small, family owned, tasting in the barn. Pretty much by appointment only. Usually a library wine or two to taste.

Bella Wine Caves is fun on the weekends, if nothing else for the setting and atmosphere, sometimes with food. Wines are are not my style at all, a bit big, but I enjoy the stop, and inexplicably, my wife loves their Late Harvest Zin. Happy wife, happy life. Happy & drunk wife…well you get the picture.

Lambert Bridge Winery has gotten pretty good reviews from users of Trip Advisor and Yelp but I’m not sure the recs from these sources really say much about how a more experienced taster might feel about the wines. I think I would be inclined to go with the people on this forum rather than those sites or a concierge who may be biased in another way. Those sources are what you would use if you had no other input. I have liked Bella in the past or Sbragia (old winemaker from Beringer). Seghesio also has some very nice fruit forward Zins.

Been to Mauritson & Quivira and enjoyed both.

+1 on Quivira, Mauritson and Unti. Also, Zichichi, Nalle and Dry Creek Winery. So many awesome zins to choose from.

If it helps, I would say I’m looking for Pinot, Syrah and not overly expensive cab, mostly for cellaring. Like a good zin but find most of them too big in youth and lacking backbone for aging. Does that later your choice of alternates?

If that’s what you’re looking for, head a little farther up Westside Rd to Porter Creek.

Years ago at a restaurant-going-out-of-business sale I bought a ton of 2002 L.B. Cab and Merlot for $5.00 per. It was our “house wine” for years, they were very nice, under the radar and not mentioned on this board a lot, but very nicely made, and for five beans one of my best finds.

Not sure what your definition of ages well is …but have had Nalle zins in the 10-15 year+ age that are a treat.

I think LB is pretty much dead as a good wine producer.
But just across the bridge is DryCreekVnyd. They’re at the top of their game right now.
Zins/Cabs/SauvBlanc (Musque)/Chard…all first rate. Contact BillSmart/Marketing…he’ll take care of you.
Tom

Right across the road is Passalaqua. SamBilbro/Idlewild makes his wines there.
Absolotely amazing stuff.
Tom

I sold Lambert Bridge wines back in Atlanta when I was working for a distributor. I thought the wines were nice- especially the Zins. Ripe in style, but with nice balance. Discerning buyers in my territory tended to like the wines. I’ve never visited the winery, but it’s in a nice spot in Dry Creek Valley.

I would look at the Timber Crest Farms complex as it houses multiple wineries.

Papapietro Perry and Kokomo are both housed there. I preferred Passalaqua to Lambert which is essentially across the street.

Mazzacco has a nice tasting and some very good wines.