Next up: Quivet

Syrahs & Sauvignon Blanc. February 18th for previous buyers.

I hear their stuff is decent.

:slight_smile:

Stay calm…

Must have more Quivet SB to hog. Husband rarely gets much. Has anyone tasted the 2013?

In for sure. Ready for a few boxes of Mike Smith syrahs to show up on my doorstep.

The 2012 SB was outstanding and went down rather quickly in the TX heat. No reason to not think that the 2013 will be just as good and as good a quaffer. Price point holding steady and it represents tremendous value IMNSHO.

The syrahs are meh. Better not buy any of them.

Good advice. :slight_smile:

I’m buying whatever they’ll give me!!!

Just got the email this morning, and I am excited to see what I’m allocated.

+1

I want some of the Syrah but may have to pass for this release due to too much of Mike’s other wine we just purchased. I will be in for the cabs later in the year though.

I love the SB’s and will definitely purchase more. I’m curious how do the Quivet Syrahs differ (if at all) from the Myriad? (I know the Kenifick is a different vineyard; the Las Madras a different block?) Do most people find it worthwhile to buy both? (Obviously, not much of the 2011 in evidence anyway.)

Quivet Cellars

napa valley

quivet cellars

SAVE THE DATE

We are pleased to announce the release of our 2012 Quivet Cellars Syrah & 2013 Quivet Cellars Sauvignon Blanc.
Beginning February 18th at 10am via Email Release - We will offer the following wines to ‘previous buyers’ for one week. The wines below will be available on a first-come, first-served basis to all previous buyers beginning February 18th through February 25th, 2014. All wines will then open to the entire mailing list beginning February 25th at 10am. Our production in 2012 was extremely limited to miniscule. We encourage you to save the date and order swiftly.

Quantities are very limited and allocations are not guaranteed.

Below are the wines available.

• 2012 Quivet Cellars Syrah Kenefick Ranch Vineyard - $40
    36 cases produced
  • 2012 Quivet Cellars 100% Whole Cluster Syrah - Kenefick Ranch Vineyard $44 16 cases produced
  • 2012 Quivet Cellars Syrah - Las Madres Vineyard ‘Hulda Block’ - $40
    37 cases produced

2013 Quivet Cellars Sauvignon Blanc - Tench Vineyard - $25
130 cases produced

So excited for this to open up tomorrow. Anyone tried the whole cluster?

Website and allocations appear to be up and running… got my order in!!!

Just as a note for people, don’t overlook the sauvignon blanc.

It’s really well structured.

Got mine in too.
best 40 dollar syrah anywhere. [cheers.gif]

First let me second the quality of the SB. I opened some last night in preparation for this release and wow, what a wine, at least the 2012 rendition.

My problem is I just can’t buy all the Syrah’s. I need to pick just one.

Get all the Kenefick you can and leave the Las Madres to…me.
Wish list gotta be filled!

:slight_smile:

I buy the Quivet Cabs but I’ve never purchased the Syrahs…but still received an offer today in the first waive. Didn’t expect that.

Difference between the Myriad and Quivet Syrahs?

I think the Myriad have a bit more in the acidity department. The Quivet LM(to me) is much more balanced and etheral. To my taste, I always prefer the Quivet.

Thanks Mike. I’m a fan of etheral.