Cellarvu App. update

I just installed a new update for the Cellarvu which uses CellarTracker and wow the new features are awesome. The name has been changed from Cellarvu to Vinopal. The app now allows you to transition from Vinopal to CellarTracker to add wines, edit existing wines and sort the wine by different locations. Also the look has been updated an looks a lot cleaner. If you have an ipad and don’t currently have this app you need to get it.

So a (very) good thing just got better? Wow, thanks! [cheers.gif]

(though I’ll probably still call it CellarVu, if that’s OK)

no android yet?

He’s working on it, android version that is, and joked that he hopes it doesn’t take two years. No ETA.

I am very happy that Joakim has a new version and that he also has an in app option to try and monetize his app.

if you use the app, do it. so maybe we can get an android version faster!

So…I have a couple of ipads…why do I need an app for this when I can just go to the CT site? I’m not being an asshole, I’m just trying to understand. I use cork.kz on my android phone because its too small to use CT efficiently, but why would the ipad need an app?

I am a newbie on my IPhone. Is this an app I can get from the Apple store?

First of all, for now VinoPal/CellarVU are iPad only apps. So you can’t install them on iPhone or Android, although apparently they may look at versions there. The app has a very different presentation from CellarTracker, more of a dynamic coffee table book based on the label art of a bookshelf view. http://vinopalapp.com/

Humberto, you might want to try the CellarTracker mobile website on your phone. We are still fleshing it out, but our goal is 100% of CellarTracker functionality in a small form factor. Of course you can use Cor.kz as well, but as with VinoPal, I have no control over it. Please see: About the CellarTracker Mobile Apps - CellarTracker Support

Humberto,
I don’t think you are an *sshole, but the reason why I created vinopal is that being a man I’m kind of a visual person (there are other areas in life where us men are known for this trait as as well). You should only use vinopal if you find yourself spending a lot of time caressing your wine bottles in your cellar. (this app is actually a pretty decent substitute for that activity).

Joachim, I LOVE your app and use it often. Great for when I’m traveling and can’t get a connection, or when I want to peruse the labels (like when I collected baseball cards as a kid!). Thanks for the enhancements!

The “shopper” in my wife likes using Vinopad because she can browse the labels when she wants to pick something out and doesn’t need ANY understanding of how to navigate around CT. I’d say CT is optimized for the owner of a cellar. Vinopad is for the consumer of a cellar. Until he added features which may change that too.

Berto, 3 reasons why: It’s free, it’s slick, and it’s fun.

I like the add feature and regions if that is new. [thankyou.gif]

[shock.gif]

I run my entire life through my iPhone. I use Cor.kz because I love everything about CellarTracker (thank you, Eric!) but it is - appallingly- slow. I mean molasses, 1200 baud modem slow.

Would love something, anything faster. Joakim , can you please port to iPhone???

Have you tried use www.cellartracker.com/m on your phone? It is frankly quite a bit faster than the main CellarTracker site. And as announced, we will have our own apps: About the CellarTracker Mobile Apps - CellarTracker Support

Eric,
I love CT. I cannot stand Pete Carroll. Please change your avatar!!!

Not yet, thanks.

Really funny you say this Eric b/c I find it just the opposite, at least for my most common task when I check CT on my phone which is to look at “Others (Notes) On My Wine”. That hypnotizing swirling glass goes on way too long. I’ve gone back to using the full site on my phone as a result, despite the otherwise better UI of the mobile version.

Same exact query. Same performance on every device we have tested on.