Best QPR wines from Beckstoffer G3 and To Kalon

Having heard so much about these specific vineyards, what are the best QPR wines made from Beckstoffer George’s III and To Kalon? I see a number of $125-150 offerings, and am wondering what the relative bargains are.

Cheers!
N

Keating for BG III.

Sojourn

Unfortunately, when you speak QPR, it is hard to speak ToKalon and slightly less difficult GIII, now.
As Dan mentioned, we just did a Georges III tasting in my CLONYC group. The Sojourn is probably the best deal out there.

Tokalon is harder to choose. Check this out here:

I think some better value can be found in Dr Crane. But you did not ask for that… [wow.gif]

Mike,

Thanks for links to those tasting notes! Makes me wish I were in New York.

The current Sojourn offering sounds like it’s mostly GIII fruit but with some blending grapes from elsewhere as well. Hoping it compares favorably when I taste there next week…

Yes, it’s been declassified in 2011. A great value.

Noah- check out Broman. It’s a blend of G3 and DrC, and can be found in the $40-50 range.

12C for GIII is probably one of the best “values,” imho.

Edit to add Provenance for To-Kalon, and they’ve been offered at decent discount pricing occasionally over the years. Mondavi’s To-Kalon vineyard designate is still probably among the better “values” in To-Kalon too (although I’m not sure about that anymore). Really though, it’s worth spending the money on a Schrader if you want to have a “wow” experience.

Find a Mathew Bruno, it’s GIII and a well balanced, great priced ($60 iirc) wine.

Echo the Sojourn for GIII but the myriad and 12C are outstanding as well.

The Provenance is ok, but if you want to be amazed with To Kalon cheaper than Schrader (which is amazing but had to get), don’t miss Carter! The Alpha Omega is very good too but I give the edge to Carter for taste. I’m a sucker for Realm as well but not really a QPR. Great wine though.

+1 on Myriad. Great value for GIII and the make a great DrC for $99

Sojourn, Myriad and maybe Carter if Mike is still making some wine for them from those vineyards…those 3 come to mind for me.

My experience is a long way from extensive, but if I had to pick one vineyard to love for Cali CS, it would be GIII.