Does anyone drink Sauvignon Blanc anymore?

I used to drink a fair amount of this during the summer, but in recent years I’ve gravitated to other whites, rose, and lighter reds if it’s on a warm day. Not that I hate SB, but it just doesn’t thrill me like other wines.

What thinks ye, the Board? Heavenly Granny Smith deliciousness or tarty cat’s pee?

Yes. Especially Merry Edwards.

I’ve never had any of the ME, but hear good things about it. That seems to be the only producer I’ve seen mentioned regularly for this variety.

Ask this question when it is not below zero in much of the country…

Depends. I’ve had some that wasn’t very interesting, but also quite a few good ones (many from NZ). One of the best whites I’ve drunk (this was '07) is

***Tinpot Hut
Sauvignon Blanc 2006
Marlborough NZ

PS and this was winter '07 in London :wink:

What it?

When a nice crisp white wine is called for, I have no issues with Sauvignon Blanc.

2012 Massican Sauvignon may have been my WOTY for 2013. Not easy to find at retail, but it does have distribution in Texas. Alternatively, sign up for the mailing list and try his white blend and his unreal Chardonnay-musque from Hyde Vineyard.

Like it, but priced out of it (white Bordeaux), getting priced out of it (Sancerre and Chavignol), and haven’t seen too much I’ve liked elsewhere.

California dreamin’, baby! I can’t get the (hopefully) warm summer out of my mind!

Sure.

Edmond & Anne Vatan
Paul & Francois Cotat
Gerard Boulay

Vatan is the apogee of Sauvignon Blanc.

Hell yes…Didier Dagueneau

Didier seems pricey - is it worth the premium?

I like a nice, crisp SB. A recent 2012 Patty Green Cellars SB was so good for $20 (give or take) that I re-bought with this coming summer in mind.

I did that in January, by the way, back when I felt safe in assuming it would warm up around here by summertime.

Massican’s 2011 was insanely good. The 2012 had a bit more fruit, but was still delicious. Can’t wait for 2013 …
I’m also a sucker for Illumination - the 2012 had beautiful balance and complexity.
And, of course, like everyone else on the WS bandwagon, I do love me some Greywacke - I can’t help it … newhere

Herb Lamb’s 2 Old Dogs

Just had a very nice 2012 Cloudy Bay. Perfect with fish.

How about some Cold Heaven from BerserkerDay? Anybody?

Fantastic summertime juice. Might be my favorite.

Love it in the Texas summer heat. Didn’t used to be this way, but probably one of our top-two go-to-whites.