Paulee 2014 thread!

I have a few moments now to post some impressions and notes (soon neener) after digging myself out of the proverbial hole. What a great long weekend in San Francisco!!! A quick note to new and old friends that joined in with me over the weekend - THANK YOU [cheers.gif]. The wine was flowing and the personalities cheerful all weekend from a group of super generous and fun friends. You are my people and I can’t wait until next time. The La Paulee weekend always beats my already high expectations every year solely due to the quality of the people attending. Almost everyone seems to be on the right page as far as making the weekend something special - do’ers rather than takers. Every wine was interesting and I really did try to jot down my thoughts as I went (lost my gala dinner list - trying to recreate this now…) - affording each wine its due respect. After several late dinners and afterparties I think I made it grouphug.

The weekend started off this past Wednesday night at Rich Table - a super duper little restaurant if you didn’t know (Erica the som there is super!). Sipped on a few good ones there before and during with some friends at a different table. 2011 Pierre-Yves Colin-Morey Saint-Aubin 1er Cru Les Champlots was showing great as it warmed up in the glass. Seemed a bit plump on the nose but the texture and acid profile really brings this wine together nicely. I very much like the '11 PYCM after being able to taste several of them over the weekend - not 100% all-stars but still super juice. 2011 Le Grappin Savigny-lès-Beaune was showing nicely with bright fruit and a suave texture - lovely to sip! 2011 Domaine Clos de la Chapelle Volnay 1er Cru Clos de la Chapelle - fine but slightly present tannins started this wine off well with the food. A few highlights of the other wines was a bottle of the 2006 Domaine Fourrier Gevrey-Chambertin 1er Cru Clos St. Jacques Vieille Vigne which is super elegant and bright - crunchy berries with a long mouth presence. NICE! 1990 Domaine Jamet Côte-Rôtie was OMG good with flashes of crunchy dark pomegranate, earthy blackberries, free run meat juices. What a wine!

I’ll start this thread with a nice picture of me taken by Justin at the Lambrays lunch this past Thursday (notes to follow ASAP). That’s a bottle of the '47 that I wasn’t showing very much respect for but someone has to do it :slight_smile:.
LAMBRAYS.JPG

Quick……the WOTW?

There are several white burgs on this list Buzz along with a few reds neener. '92 Coche CC and the '82 Ramonet Montrachet are two off the top of my head right now - gotta get my notes down!

I am going to work photoshop wonders with that pic…

Get to work [wow.gif]! No photoshoping allowed pileon.

P.S. - the provenance couldn’t have been better for the Lambrays collectors lunch with Thierry Brouin pouring the wines himself straight from the domaine. I’ve always wanted to taste these older Lambrays wines - they didn’t disappoint!

Can’t wait to see the notes Jon. Wished I could have been there this year…but work got in the way. Next year for sure in NYC!

Jon,
Great to meet you at the Lambrays lunch–the '47 was worth getting every last dreg from the bottle! [cheers.gif]
Thanks for the invite to Thursday’s festivities. After our brief chat Friday morning, I’m only going to cringe even more when I see the notes on the wines shared! Sorry to have missed it, and look forward to another time to share great wine! Now out with the notes! champagne.gif

Jealous.

You are off to a great start this year Jon. 40 really is fabulous! [cheers.gif]

See you next week for lunch Dr. Musigny :slight_smile:!

Slacking off Jon. Why don’t we have more notes and photos :stuck_out_tongue:

Perhaps bottle stuck in mouth?

[scratch.gif]

Hopefully later tonight Mr. Alfert and ClayFu neener - this is after two of my boys baseball games I’m coaching starting in 1hr. Little League b-ball is a schedule killer!

Also looking forward to the tues night little league coaches Grand Cru tasting notes… [whistle.gif]

[wink.gif]

Any of those who attended want to write a little piece for the static pages (www.wineberserkers.com)? Anyone fancy themselves a bit of a writer/reporter?

You would think that with the phone holster, Favre would be able to easily access the internet and get some notes up!

Come on man. Those of us who missed out would like to live vicariously through you.

I have notes on a bunch of the wines. Feeling a little beaten down right now. When I recover, I’ll put together my notes.

If you can’t multitask to this very limited extent, then there’s not much hope for you Jon.

Looking forward to the rest—when you get around to getting them up :wink:

Mike

No notes yet. Wtf