Summer 2014 rose help

What y’all recommending? Got my offer from Campesino Cellars and sounds awesome will pick up a 6’er atleast.

Any others I should chase down? Did bedrock last year and it was good juice too.

Thanks in advance

Pradeaux. You can thank me later.

I tend to like my rose’s “Bandol style” (Mourvedre dominant). Used to be Domaine Tempier, but their pricing is now far past my pain threshold. Now, my “go-to” is La Bastide Blanche. While it ain’t Tempier, at less than 1/2 the price, it will do just fine…

Here in WA state, Maison Bleue also does a nice Mourvedre dominant rose, at about the same price (but supplies are usually tighter around here).

Michael

Won’t lie, have never ventured much outside the US for my rose fix… Not that I am against it, just not sure where it would fall…

How can these be sourced, while you would think New Orleans and our retched summers are ideal for rose we don’t get a very good selection.

1+ La Bastide Blanche.

Zepaltas.

Pat, can these be bought or is this a list I need to join and wait to purchase for a while?

I’ve always liked Scherrer, Inman and JK Carriere “Glass” (though I think this is white pinot).
I’ve got a bunch of Corsican roses on order from Sec Wines. Don’t know how they are yet, but they’re rose, so they can’t be bad.

Domain Tempier Bandol Rose.

I know some can’t justify the price for a Rose, but this wine just defines Rose for me and in most years the quality justifies the tariff. 2012 was just killer. Glad I have a few bottles and a couple of mags left and I will buy again in 2013.

+1 JK Carriere “Glass”

Liquid Farm

We drink LOTS of rose in the summer.

in no particular order:

Scherrer
Bedrock Ode
Mordoree Tavel
Arnot-Roberts
Lancyre
Bargemone

The last two are from our own Dan Kravitz.

Chris, buy anything from Provence, and most anything from Loire, or Costieres de Nimes. For my tastes, Provence makes the best rose you can get. And this is coming from a guy who drinks mostly domestic.

My favorite this year is Whispering Angel for $16-20. Chateau d’Esclans Whispering Angel Rose:
http://www.wine-searcher.com/find/whispering+angel/2012

Ship now and you’ll get them before your hot summer begins. (not that I know LA shipping laws)

These are also good, and closer to $12:
Bougrier Rose d’Anjou
Chateau L’Ermitage Costieres de Nimes Rose
Chateau de Nages Nimes Rose Vieille Vignes

I had a domestic this month that was also really nice for $20:
Belle Glos Pinot Noir Blanc Rose Oeil de Perdix Vineyard

I’m a big fan of good Rose and have a strong preference for Provence. Here’s a few of my favorites.
Commanderie de la Bargemone, Coteaux D’Aix en Provence – My ‘benchmark’ and go-to Rose for many years. And the great news is availability in a 3L bag-in-box.
Chateau des Annibals, Coteaux Varois en Provence – Right up there with Bargemone and could be better on any given day. Small producer with limited distribution.
Chateau de Lancyre, Pic Saint Loup – This is the only Rose I buy that seems to improve with a year in the cellar. I start drinking it after all others are drunk.
The common thread for my taste is blends containing Cinsault, Grenache and Syrah and the main thing I look for is ‘refreshing’.
Cheers, Gary

The release should be soon. Just sign up for Ryan’s list via his website. K&l also carried it last year.

Domaine de Triennes Vin de Pays du Var Rosé - a joint venture between the families that own Dujac and DRC. Delicious every vintage and CHEAP - usually about $12… I have not purchased a bottle of American rose since I was introduced - as most are double the price or more and often lack acidity.

I like Mas de Gourgonnier from Le Baux en Provence. Should be under $20.

In no particular order:

Liquid Farm
Bedrock Ode to Lulu
Heitz Grignolino Rose
Baudry Chinon Rose
Booker Pink

value: Charles and Charles Rose
^^ People scoff at this all the time because it’s only $10 but I had one this weekend and it was great.

Just picked some up for under 15 - organic
Also just got some Chidaine - rose of Pinot noir mixed with something else.

It is a fun time each year when these come out

+1 That was quite good last year.

I’ve had a few greek roses’ that I have liked including Skouras Zoe’, and will try more this year.