Calistoga Ranch or Auberge Du Soleil

I am taking my wife to wine country for her 50th birthday. We have stayed at other Auberge resorts so I am considering Calistoga Ranch or Auberge Du Soleil. Any recommendations or feedback on these two? Also glad to hear any other recommendations you may have. As always, thanks for the input.

I was married at Auberge du Soleil 20 years ago this July. Because of that I am very biased. It is if you can afford it a fantastic place to visit. Sunset there is just beautiful. Enjoy your visit

Have not stayed at Calistoga Ranch (and its been several years for Auberge). Even if you don’t stay there make sure you go for drinks at sunset at Auberge. One of the best views in the valley.

Scott, I have stayed at both. One time at the Ranch and several at Auberge.

Auberge gets my vote. The property is wonderful, great location and wonderful

deck for lunch. C. Ranch is more secluded and further up the valley. Both are very expensive . pick your poison.

Joe

Another vote for Auberge. Big second on a drink on the deck at sunset.

Suggest Solage Calistoga. The Mercedes convertibles they loan you for free are pretty cool also. :slight_smile: (Just goes to show how nosebleed Napa is when a hotel that gives you Mercedes convertibles for free is not even remotely the most expensive hotel in the area…)

Wow!
To me? No Brainer - Calistoga, followed by Meadowood. Solage is runner up to them.

My rankings:

to stay: 1) Meadowood, 2) Solage, 3) auberge, 4) Calistoga ranch

To eat (for food): same as above.

To eat (for ambiance): 1) auberge outside, 2) Calistoga ranch outside, 3) Meadowood, 4) Solage.

Auberge du Soleil sounds lovely. I have enjoyed past stays at Wine Country Inn in St. Helena–each room different and attractively decorated, great breakfasts, beautiful vineyard views, especially with fall colors. I don’t know how it compares in price to some of the ones already in consideration but it may be somewhat less expensive.

Though we’re relatively local, we’ve stayed at all of the resorts mentioned here and while we really like all of them (particularly Solage) we may have found our new favorite this past week. My wife turned 50 as well and we spent the week at Bardessono in Yountville. The property itself is beautiful and well maintained, our room had an outdoor tub and outdoor shower and was set up to double as a private massage studio should you want to indulge in a couples massage. While it’s in the heart of Yountville, our room was very private, never did we feel like the neighbors were in our business. The best attribute is the location. We valet’d the car upon arrival and didn’t use it again until we left. We walked everywhere, Ad Hoc, Redd, Ciccio (you must go here), Redwood etc. and Bouchon bakery is literally 30 seconds away (TFL is a 2 minute walk). They have a complimentary bike rental shop on property so we biked to wineries and in to St. Helena and Napa for breakfast and lunch. Another consideration might be The Carneros Inn, very comparable to Auberge and Calistoga Ranch in style and flair but a bit remote from “things to do.” Have fun and enjoy the trip!