Cognac help

What’s the best cognac for around $250? Additionally, best place one may acquire the answer to prior question?

Thanks.

Tesseron 53, you can get it from fellow Berserker here: The Wine Cellar - Liquor List

You fixed on Cognac ?

Germain Robin XO is US made and in my mind teh equivalent of Cognacs costing $3-400

It is aged at least 27 years i believe and can be picked up around $110

Do a little research and you will see how well respected it is

Marthe’ sepia if you like a more feminine cognac (i do)

Thanks so far. I’m helping a friend find a 50th bday present. Wants a memorable cognac.

Stay the hell away from the big houses and do some interweb searching for smaller family owned estate Cognacs.

Pierre Ferrand “Abel”

Delamain Vespers is my favorite; there next step up is Tres Venerable which I would live to try.

I’d do armagnac instead.

yep, pick up a vintage one. K&L often has a nice selection.

Prunier XO… You should be able to find it around $100. 100% Grande Champagne, generally averages over 40 years age in the blend. I think they are like the third oldest family owned Cognac house. I’ve tasted it against pretty much every high end cognac on the market and I feel you have to spend $400 to get in the ballpark.

http://caskers.com/product/prunier-xo-tres-vieille-grande-champagne-cognac/

If that doesn’t work, then yes old Armagnac.

Chris,

Thank you for the recommendation of the Prunier XO. I went to the site and picked up two.

Steve

I just posted that website as a reference. There’s a place out near where I live (east bay) that I think still sells it for $100. I can usually get 10% off that price. I’m in the city 5 days a week.

If you want, I can double check availability and price for you (provided you could meet me in SF.) Could save you over $60 plus shipping.

Chris,

Emailed you. Very nice of you to follow up, thank you.

Steve

My favorite is Camus Borderies XO for around $120. But I’ll check out the Prunier XO.

I’ve been drinking Paul Giraud for the past several years. Also check out the one or two Cognac threads in the Beer and Spirits forum.

You should probably move this to the Beer and Spirits forum- it will get more traction.

this

+1 on Germain Robin. Just tasted the line up again. XO is sooooo freaking good and I don’t even care for brandy/cognac that much.

Have you tried the old havana ?