Len Stevens is a problematic buyer

Len Stevens is a problematic buyer. On July 15th I gave him my email address which is the same as my PayPal account and we agreed on the transaction details. He would pay for the wine now and we would handle shipping and fees in the Fall. After a couple weeks of various delays, which didn’t bother me since I am in no hurry to complete the sale, he sent me an email asking if I received the payment. I had not, and so he forwarded the PayPal email showing he had sent a payment to the wrong email address. I pointed out his errors and he said PayPal was reversing the payment and he would pay me as soon as that was done. The next day (yesterday) I got another email from him asking “Did you get it?”. Not surprisingly I did not get the payment this time either, and since he clearly has my correct email address and is successfully using it to email me, I can only assume now that he is attempting some sort of fraud. Even if it is not that and these are honest mistakes, I have reached the limit of my tolerance and I am happy to just keep my wine.

Len, if you read this, my wine is no longer for sale. Our transaction is hereby cancelled.

I’ve had good transactions with Len. Not sure what you’re describing is fraud; sounds more like a mistake.

1 Like

assuming every detail you outline is 100% correct, the worst it could be is he’s a flake. no fraud alleged here at all and no evidence that he’s trying anything funny. given the easy of online payment, it’s understandable to be frustrated but your take is OTT. i would seriously consider editing your post. also, maybe call the guy.

1 Like

I thought the point of this thread was to convey bad/sketchy CC experiences. That’s what I’ve done. If you don’t agree with my assessment that’s your prerogative.

well… let’s see what the point of this thread is…

Folks, while we already have a well-loved ‘Feedback’ sub forum for Commerce Corner, it was suggested that we include a sticky here atop Commerce Corner specifically for NON-payers or NON-senders in any transaction. Please post your issue here, and if you get paid, eventually, consider removing the name from your post (wholly up to you)

i don’t think anyone would categorize your situation as a “non-payer… in any transaction” - there was no transaction. seemed you merely experienced a mild annoyance. this isn’t a situation where you shipped the wine and then got stiffed.

1 Like

The point of this thread is to point out actual losses from bad behavior, which you have had none.

1 Like

There can be the opportunity cost of a lost alternative sale, which is no less concrete than an out-of-pocket loss.

This is the proper place - not the prior place

1 Like

Can just offer it to second place; happens not infrequently here.

You confirmed my concept. The problem occurs if an alternate buyer was there then, but is no longer.

As I said, that happens all the time and isn’t reported here. This case doesn’t even seem like that, but more an actual mistake. He’s free to post it here if he likes but I’m also free to point out that it’s atypical and in my opinion excessive.

Excessive what?

Making two posts about someone “not paying” for an item they haven’t even received when it was likely a mistake.

For any wine collector to say that two of anything is excessive seems…well, excessive. neener

1 post would’ve been excessive. Two is definitely excessive.

Victor,

I assume you are the one who moved my post from the non-payer sticky to here, creating the “duplicate” post, so please delete my other one.

1 Like

Imagine a world where victor is a moderator

1 Like

Unimaginable

1 Like

dot dot dot

Victor is the puppet master and we just dance for his amusement