Buyer beware-Jeffrey McDonald "JeffreyM"

Echezeaux Coquard Loison Fleurot .jpg
I was emailed by JeffreyM last night in response to my request to purchase some Coquard Loisson Fleurot

"Hi Andrew,

I have 6 bottles of the 2015 vintage available. Please let me know if
you’re interested.

Best Regards,

Jeffrey"

I asked which bottling and was told Echezeaux. I asked for photos and the following was sent. Which pretty clearly was downloaded from somewhere. I asked for clarification or additional photos and have heard no response.

I can’t be sure his intent was to simply take my money, but the situation feels worth sharing. He has 3 posts as of this point. A quick google of his email address found a similar posting and response trying to sell some bourbons on WineSpectator forums.

YMMV, but I’d be cautious trying to purchase wine from JeffreyM.

3 Likes

Just wanted to add to this thread as I received an email from this user about my WTB post for 2002 Salon. He still has 3 posts.

Hi Andrew,

I have one 6 bottle case of the 02 Salon available if still interested.
Please advise.

Best Regards,

Jeffrey

I asked the price and he said $4200. I asked for photos and details and received a photo that is a perfect overhead shot like you’d see in a magazine. I asked for more photos of individual bottles and let him know I had a friend near Chandler, AZ who might be able to meet him to do the transaction in person and he vanished.

I can’t say anything for certain, but when an offer seems too good to be true…