Wine shop near San Marcos, CA?

A forum for and about wine retailing. Consumer questions, retailer rants, etc. All are welcome to post
Brian Tuite
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

Wine shop near San Marcos, CA?

#1 Post by Brian Tuite »

Preferably one with an online presence. Buying my niece a nice bottle as a gift. She lives in San Marcos.

Any suggestions?
Last edited by Brian Tuite on June 8th, 2021, 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bob Wood - 1949-2013 Berserker for eternity! RIP

"On self-reflection, I think a big part of it was me just being a PITA customer..." ~ Anonymous Berserker

”Dammit Brian, until you tuited this diatribe, I was haiku aging my shit.” ~ Alfert

WOTY Candidates

18 O&F Old Hill
16 LL 1910 Block
18 W&M Shifflett

J.Vizuete
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

Re: Wine shop near San Marcos?

#2 Post by J.Vizuete »

Brian Tuite wrote: June 8th, 2021, 7:30 pm Preferably one with an online presence. Buying my niece a nice bottle as a gift. She lives in San Marcos.

Any suggestions?
I’m in San Antonio and know the market here pretty well. There is no online presence (outside of Total wine) in the city and I would estimate even less so for San Marcos. The Austin Wine merchant is a good bet and posts their inventory online but have to date remained closed to foot traffic (like wouldn’t let me inside to browse last week) and will only deliver in Austin to my knowledge. You might give them a call, but overall, I’m not sure the area has what you’re looking for. Feel free to PM me if I can offer you more details…
J0HN
CT: jviz
WOTY 2021: 09 Vilmart Les Blanches Voies, 17 Joly Coulée de Serrant, 02 Haut Brion

Brian Tuite
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

Re: Wine shop near San Marcos CA?

#3 Post by Brian Tuite »

J.Vizuete wrote: June 8th, 2021, 7:35 pm
Brian Tuite wrote: June 8th, 2021, 7:30 pm Preferably one with an online presence. Buying my niece a nice bottle as a gift. She lives in San Marcos.

Any suggestions?
I’m in San Antonio and know the market here pretty well. There is no online presence (outside of Total wine) in the city and I would estimate even less so for San Marcos. The Austin Wine merchant is a good bet and posts their inventory online but have to date remained closed to foot traffic (like wouldn’t let me inside to browse last week) and will only deliver in Austin to my knowledge. You might give them a call, but overall, I’m not sure the area has what you’re looking for. Feel free to PM me if I can offer you more details…
Thanks but wrong state, I should have been more specific.

"On self-reflection, I think a big part of it was me just being a PITA customer..." ~ Anonymous Berserker

”Dammit Brian, until you tuited this diatribe, I was haiku aging my shit.” ~ Alfert

WOTY Candidates

18 O&F Old Hill
16 LL 1910 Block
18 W&M Shifflett

Richard Leland

Re: Wine shop near San Marcos, CA?

#4 Post by Richard Leland »

Haven't been there in years but Holiday Wine Cellar in Escondido used to be the best shop in the area.
Richard

J.Vizuete
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#5 Post by J.Vizuete »

Brian Tuite wrote: June 8th, 2021, 9:28 pm

Any suggestions?
Haha! Well, at the going rate, y’all will all be here eventually ;)
J0HN
WOTY 2021: 09 Vilmart Les Blanches Voies, 17 Joly Coulée de Serrant, 02 Haut Brion

Brian Tuite
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#6 Post by Brian Tuite »

J.Vizuete wrote: June 9th, 2021, 4:22 am

Not until you step up your wine game! ;-)

WOTY Candidates

18 O&F Old Hill
16 LL 1910 Block
18 W&M Shifflett

J.Vizuete
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#7 Post by J.Vizuete »

Brian Tuite wrote: June 9th, 2021, 4:50 am
J.Vizuete wrote: June 9th, 2021, 4:22 am

Not until you step up your wine game! ;-)
47C23E5D-42A5-4AE6-88FF-EBB48574B0E7.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
J0HN

Alan Rath
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#8 Post by Alan Rath »

Brian, are you looking for delivery, or something she will pick up?
I'm just one lost soul, swimming in a fish bowl, year after year

Brian Tuite
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#9 Post by Brian Tuite »

Alan Rath wrote: June 9th, 2021, 5:19 pm Brian, are you looking for delivery, or something she will pick up?
I found one. Meritage Wine Market, recommended by Nancy Dolce. All is good [berserker.gif]

WOTY Candidates

18 O&F Old Hill
16 LL 1910 Block
18 W&M Shifflett

Return to “Wine Pimps”