Wine shop near San Marcos, CA?

A forum for and about wine retailing. Consumer questions, retailer rants, etc. All are welcome to post
Post Reply
Message
Author
User avatar
Brian Tuite
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü
Posts: 21868
Joined: July 3rd, 2010, 8:53 am
Location: Podunk CA RRV
Has thanked: 348 times
Been thanked: 244 times

Wine shop near San Marcos, CA?

#1 Post by Brian Tuite »

Preferably one with an online presence. Buying my niece a nice bottle as a gift. She lives in San Marcos.

Any suggestions?
Last edited by Brian Tuite on June 8th, 2021, 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bob Wood - 1949-2013 Berserker for eternity! RIP

"On self-reflection, I think a big part of it was me just being a PITA customer..." ~ Anonymous Berserker

”Dammit Brian, until you tuited this diatribe, I was haiku aging my shit.” ~ Alfert

WOTY Candidates

18 O&F Old Hill
16 LL 1910 Block
18 W&M Shifflett

User avatar
J.Vizuete
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü
Posts: 820
Joined: March 19th, 2017, 12:15 pm
Location: San Antonio, Tx
Has thanked: 110 times
Been thanked: 25 times

Re: Wine shop near San Marcos?

#2 Post by J.Vizuete »

Brian Tuite wrote: June 8th, 2021, 7:30 pm Preferably one with an online presence. Buying my niece a nice bottle as a gift. She lives in San Marcos.

Any suggestions?
I’m in San Antonio and know the market here pretty well. There is no online presence (outside of Total wine) in the city and I would estimate even less so for San Marcos. The Austin Wine merchant is a good bet and posts their inventory online but have to date remained closed to foot traffic (like wouldn’t let me inside to browse last week) and will only deliver in Austin to my knowledge. You might give them a call, but overall, I’m not sure the area has what you’re looking for. Feel free to PM me if I can offer you more details…
J0HN
CT: jviz
WOTY 2021: 09 Vilmart Les Blanches Voies, 17 Joly Coulée de Serrant, 02 Haut Brion

User avatar
Brian Tuite
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü
Posts: 21868
Joined: July 3rd, 2010, 8:53 am
Location: Podunk CA RRV
Has thanked: 348 times
Been thanked: 244 times

Re: Wine shop near San Marcos CA?

#3 Post by Brian Tuite »

J.Vizuete wrote: June 8th, 2021, 7:35 pm
Brian Tuite wrote: June 8th, 2021, 7:30 pm Preferably one with an online presence. Buying my niece a nice bottle as a gift. She lives in San Marcos.

Any suggestions?
I’m in San Antonio and know the market here pretty well. There is no online presence (outside of Total wine) in the city and I would estimate even less so for San Marcos. The Austin Wine merchant is a good bet and posts their inventory online but have to date remained closed to foot traffic (like wouldn’t let me inside to browse last week) and will only deliver in Austin to my knowledge. You might give them a call, but overall, I’m not sure the area has what you’re looking for. Feel free to PM me if I can offer you more details…
Thanks but wrong state, I should have been more specific.
Bob Wood - 1949-2013 Berserker for eternity! RIP

"On self-reflection, I think a big part of it was me just being a PITA customer..." ~ Anonymous Berserker

”Dammit Brian, until you tuited this diatribe, I was haiku aging my shit.” ~ Alfert

WOTY Candidates

18 O&F Old Hill
16 LL 1910 Block
18 W&M Shifflett

Richard Leland
Posts: 565
Joined: August 14th, 2009, 2:20 pm
Location: San Francisco
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Wine shop near San Marcos, CA?

#4 Post by Richard Leland »

Haven't been there in years but Holiday Wine Cellar in Escondido used to be the best shop in the area.
Richard

User avatar
J.Vizuete
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü
Posts: 820
Joined: March 19th, 2017, 12:15 pm
Location: San Antonio, Tx
Has thanked: 110 times
Been thanked: 25 times

Re: Wine shop near San Marcos CA?

#5 Post by J.Vizuete »

Brian Tuite wrote: June 8th, 2021, 9:28 pm
J.Vizuete wrote: June 8th, 2021, 7:35 pm
Brian Tuite wrote: June 8th, 2021, 7:30 pm Preferably one with an online presence. Buying my niece a nice bottle as a gift. She lives in San Marcos.

Any suggestions?
I’m in San Antonio and know the market here pretty well. There is no online presence (outside of Total wine) in the city and I would estimate even less so for San Marcos. The Austin Wine merchant is a good bet and posts their inventory online but have to date remained closed to foot traffic (like wouldn’t let me inside to browse last week) and will only deliver in Austin to my knowledge. You might give them a call, but overall, I’m not sure the area has what you’re looking for. Feel free to PM me if I can offer you more details…
Thanks but wrong state, I should have been more specific.
Haha! Well, at the going rate, y’all will all be here eventually ;)
J0HN
CT: jviz
WOTY 2021: 09 Vilmart Les Blanches Voies, 17 Joly Coulée de Serrant, 02 Haut Brion

User avatar
Brian Tuite
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü
Posts: 21868
Joined: July 3rd, 2010, 8:53 am
Location: Podunk CA RRV
Has thanked: 348 times
Been thanked: 244 times

Re: Wine shop near San Marcos CA?

#6 Post by Brian Tuite »

J.Vizuete wrote: June 9th, 2021, 4:22 am
Brian Tuite wrote: June 8th, 2021, 9:28 pm
J.Vizuete wrote: June 8th, 2021, 7:35 pm

I’m in San Antonio and know the market here pretty well. There is no online presence (outside of Total wine) in the city and I would estimate even less so for San Marcos. The Austin Wine merchant is a good bet and posts their inventory online but have to date remained closed to foot traffic (like wouldn’t let me inside to browse last week) and will only deliver in Austin to my knowledge. You might give them a call, but overall, I’m not sure the area has what you’re looking for. Feel free to PM me if I can offer you more details…
Thanks but wrong state, I should have been more specific.
Haha! Well, at the going rate, y’all will all be here eventually ;)
Not until you step up your wine game! ;-)
Bob Wood - 1949-2013 Berserker for eternity! RIP

"On self-reflection, I think a big part of it was me just being a PITA customer..." ~ Anonymous Berserker

”Dammit Brian, until you tuited this diatribe, I was haiku aging my shit.” ~ Alfert

WOTY Candidates

18 O&F Old Hill
16 LL 1910 Block
18 W&M Shifflett

User avatar
J.Vizuete
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü
Posts: 820
Joined: March 19th, 2017, 12:15 pm
Location: San Antonio, Tx
Has thanked: 110 times
Been thanked: 25 times

Re: Wine shop near San Marcos CA?

#7 Post by J.Vizuete »

Brian Tuite wrote: June 9th, 2021, 4:50 am
J.Vizuete wrote: June 9th, 2021, 4:22 am
Brian Tuite wrote: June 8th, 2021, 9:28 pm

Thanks but wrong state, I should have been more specific.
Haha! Well, at the going rate, y’all will all be here eventually ;)
Not until you step up your wine game! ;-)
47C23E5D-42A5-4AE6-88FF-EBB48574B0E7.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
J0HN
CT: jviz
WOTY 2021: 09 Vilmart Les Blanches Voies, 17 Joly Coulée de Serrant, 02 Haut Brion

User avatar
Alan Rath
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü
Posts: 23302
Joined: April 24th, 2009, 12:45 am
Location: Bay Area, CA. Sometimes out to lunch.
Has thanked: 69 times
Been thanked: 112 times

Re: Wine shop near San Marcos, CA?

#8 Post by Alan Rath »

Brian, are you looking for delivery, or something she will pick up?
I'm just one lost soul, swimming in a fish bowl, year after year

User avatar
Brian Tuite
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü
Posts: 21868
Joined: July 3rd, 2010, 8:53 am
Location: Podunk CA RRV
Has thanked: 348 times
Been thanked: 244 times

Re: Wine shop near San Marcos, CA?

#9 Post by Brian Tuite »

Alan Rath wrote: June 9th, 2021, 5:19 pm Brian, are you looking for delivery, or something she will pick up?
I found one. Meritage Wine Market, recommended by Nancy Dolce. All is good [berserker.gif]
Bob Wood - 1949-2013 Berserker for eternity! RIP

"On self-reflection, I think a big part of it was me just being a PITA customer..." ~ Anonymous Berserker

”Dammit Brian, until you tuited this diatribe, I was haiku aging my shit.” ~ Alfert

WOTY Candidates

18 O&F Old Hill
16 LL 1910 Block
18 W&M Shifflett

Post Reply

Return to “Wine Pimps”