Has anyone used sevenfifty

I just got an e-mail from http://www.sevenfifty.com which claims to be “connecting the beverage alcohol industry
with a simple and powerful platform that helps vendors and buyers interact.” Does anyone have experience with this place? If so is it worth getting involved?

I’m using it as a retailer in MA. Only a few wholesalers have signed up at this point, but I like what I see thus far.

It’s EXTREMELY popular in NY, most of the wholesalers here use it. It’s got a few quirks, but the team is very responsive and we’ve worked with them to try to improve our experience with them. I know most stores/restaurants are liking it so far, and it makes salespeople’s lives easier.

That said, it’s not perfect, but better than the old Bev Media book.

As a regular listener to the extensive interviews on illdrinktothatpod.com, I’ve heard more than I ever want to hear about SevenFifty. Each podcast starts with an ad that has well-known sommeliers singing SevenFifty’s praises. It sounds like a very useful product for retailers, assuming that enough wholesalers in your region are signed up with it.

I have a few distributors using it, and their salespeople seem to like it as a very useful tool.

I like it from the wholesale side. I count about 70 distributors using it in NJ. Most of my retail customers use it (not some of the really “old school” guys). Michel’s description above is good. It is much better than the book and they seem to be committed to improving it.

Justin, is there any similar service in your area? Here in MA, there’s another company that has had basically a monopoly for quite some time. Their website’s functionality is atrociously poor, so this is a huge improvement. I think more wholesalers will soon join for that reason. If you already have something like this that works well, you might look into what can be done with Seven Fifty and see if you think it’s better. If you don’t have anything like this, I think you’ll find it incredibly useful. Almost anything would be better than the MA Beverage Business website, but overall I think Seven Fifty seems to be doing a good job, even trying not to consider that.

I use it as well for restaurant purchasing. Easy to use

It’s a tremendous website for those ITB.
Some of the competitors are copying their user functions with no shame.

In MD there are only two or three tiny distributors signed up, so while very cool, it is essentially useless.

Love love love it. NY Retailer here.

as a buyer it’s fantastic- easy to find info

Great site! I hope more distributors use it.

An update from Massachusetts is that the largest wholesaler (which is multiple companies under one ownership) has signed on, which is big news because of their size. Several other additional companies are also on now. Sevenfifty seems to be successfully taking on the competition, despite the fact that the competition is poorly trying to copy some of the former’s functions. I think this will continue to catch on. It’s really a great site.

Seven Fifty still does not include a large portion of wholesalers in CT. Beverage Media is still the go-to.

Most of our distributors are signed up in Delaware.
Any one using Merchant 23? http://blog.merchant23.com/distributor-consolidation-why-theres-still-hope-for-the-little-guys-

I use it quite a bit in Minnesota - not all the wholesalers are signed up yet, including the two biggest (Southern & Johnson Brothers), but I really like the access -

Really neat, except that the distributor’s inventory is inaccurate. Several times I tried to purchase inventory listed only to find out zero balance. Not useful to me.

Anyone use it on the west coast? Looking at signing up as a wholesaler over here but not sure if it’s used? I’ve never heard of it.

I’ve got a small wine shop and I use it on a fairly regular basis. It’s useful when I’ve forgotten which wholesaler or broker carries a particular wine and also when a customer asks for an obscure wine I’ve never heard of.