Premier Cru - Berkeley, CA., Wine Retailer - Buyer Beware

Best of Luck
Wg

Seriously? Have you had any personal experience with this store? Or are you just reporting crap from Yelp?

FWIW I have had no problems dealing with them for over a decade.

They do have a different approach which is discussed in detail here:

[cheers.gif]

Best
Wg

One retailer slamming another just seems like bullshit to me. I have no problem with you selling stuff here but don’t use it as a forum to comment on your competitors. As have many others, I’ve taken delivery of everything (hundreds of bottles) I’ve ever ordered from PC, save six bottles I have pending and expect to receive.

I have never blocked anyone on this board but you are getting close to me figuring out how to do it.

really?
Screen Shot 2015-03-17 at 9.31.37 PM.png
yea, I think so…

Yelp is not, has not been, and will not be the arbiter of anything Customer Service.

This is a JOKE, right?

“Help others, spread the word”… [rofl.gif]

How about this - get a clue, do a search on this site, and you will know where we stand with Premier Cru.
Hint: you are not doing well to represent your own brand.

You do understand the inherent conflict of interest here, yes? Given that, you’ve added zero to the PC discussion. Deliver facts that are unique to you and not found on “the Google” or move on.

Hint: you are not doing well to represent your own brand.

this

Thank you for the helpful comments,
Good suggestions,

CoMo ?

[rofl.gif]

Are you Ray’s brother [scratch.gif]

I’m in sales and the first and most important rule IMO is not to put down my competitors. If the way they sell or conduct business is less than ideal, the customer will see through that and they will bring down themselves without my help.

Putting down others I compete with, only makes me look like the bad guy and I find that customers don’t take kindly to that sort of thing.

I just find it in poor taste to even start a thread like this.

This is a joke, right?

obvious troll is obvious.

Have bought from PC before. I’ve heard many concerns about the long wait times, and am currently waiting for wines I bought over 2 years ago at incredibly low prices.

I know several people that buy from them often, and haven’t heard any true horror stories. Biggest complaints are:
-(of course) long long waits for the most coveted of wines. I have a friend who waited over 6 years for his Bordeaux
-periodic inability to fulfill orders. I have a friend who after a 3 year wait was informed that they just could not fulfill his order and then promptly refunded his money (which, of course they had for 3 years interest free)

My approach has been to limit my exposure to PC. I’ve jumped on a few good deals. But, the long waits have discouraged continued purchasing. Except in rare circumstances, I’ve been able to source wines for ~10% higher than PC posts and I always get these wines within 6-12 months, and am always provided with an estimated arrival date by other wine sellers

I have a good sized cellar
11% of the wines in my cellar are from PC
Clearly, they deliver

A thread not dissimilar to this is on another forum where there are a few retailers. I don’t think any of the retailers on the forum touched that with a 10 foot pole as they shouldn’t have. Way too much of a conflict of interests